Rated Epic BG's

Would it be a random team, or would you have to use the awful LFG system to fill up a raid slowly? XD

I just wanna hear 40 people scream into discord that they are being sapped while sitting in a tower on AV

4 Likes

how much of the desire for rated ebgs is actually just a desire for better rewards from ebgs?

There are those who do epics because they have the passion for that large scale pvp combat and that feeling of war going on. Multiple strategies instead of just saying “inc LM” lol.

Then there are those whom are only in it for the easy honor and the ability to “hide” when their skill/gear/confidence is less than adequate.

The second category is much more numerous which is part of the reason why rated epic battlegrounds would not work.

4 Likes

For someone so pedantic about others’ grammar, you sure make a lot of mistakes.

1 Like

Rated epics are more doable then people think. There is already a bunch of teams that sync cues on both sides. Basically premades. May as well have rated.

2 Likes

the problem is rated is not fun. you have to take it serious because people care about their rating, on top of that you don’t have profession items and consumables, which are part of how epics are played.

if you keep the consumables and professions, and find a way to make people not care about rating, then rated might be fun, but just stuffing premades into rated with the current rules and balancing wouldn’t be fun.

i’d much rather they lift the premade restriction, a lot of trash gets talked about wins and losses when most of us know that its often a full premade vs a partial.

2 Likes

Game ain’t dead buddy, while it’s not as big as it once was it’s for sure not dead.

Define “a bunch”

Are we talking 150-200 people? 2000+? 10000+?

How many people are actually trying to premade epics?

Not really. I can think of two on Alliance and only one on Horde worth mentioning.

Everyone seems to have a different defintion of what “dead” means in an mmo.

10 years ago was the hey day of premade 40man bgs. I wish more people were interested in them but the population has took a nosedive. Reaspn why mythic plus is more popular than raiding is because its format is 5 players. Also raiding rewards arent as lucrative as they used to be. Rated bgs require more players, rewards arent good and theres more toxicity and cheating in them.

For sure. I did some oqueue stuff back in the day and it was fun and all.

Just making the point that the idea of rated anything - m+, pvp, etc - needs an active population, not just the same groups playing each other over and over.

I also wonder how many of the premade epic groups really want competition (some obviously do) vs just wanting to stomp a la Rath strat from back in the day kind of stuff (definitely a lot on that side too).

Personally I don’t see a need for rates epics. People who like them like them and will run them anyway, adding a rating won’t do anything to add people and just complicate it more than it needs to be.

1 Like

They don’t even need to be rated. Just give us the ability to queue a raid in. We all want it, both sides. So much time wasted on early pops/back fills.

id be down if it was solo que, or up to 5 people you can que with

2 Likes

Would be a fun idea for large guilds especially. Kinda like guild wars.

1 Like

It would be a preferred way to gear for many people myself included. Epics are just more fun. who doesn’t like driving a demo or a cata? Generally speaking. More is preferrable to less, so what could it hurt having another option? The worst that could happen is people don’t do it like pet battles.

2 Likes

I mean define “popular”. I am not for removing Epic BGs myself but I wouldn’t call them popular.

I think you overestimate how many “teams” there are.

For some people rated isn’t fun. But whether people think rated is fun or not is not why rated EBGs wouldn’t work.

There is reason it’s there though.

By a pretty small % of the player base when talking about this related to EBGs.

PvP isn’t doing so hot though.

Not as many as some of these EBG players seem think lol.

So have the dev team waste resources on something that people don’t like. The is pretty bad honestly.

Just isn’t realistic.

Cool In theory but impossible to implement. That’s 80 rated players on a battlefield …what kinda magic would you need to que for that lol
I’d rather they have 7man bgs or 5 man arenas. Or something. Bring back 15 man strand of the ancients type bgs or something. But Av used to be so fun … but it’s just a Zerg race to burn bosses. And the others aren’t even worth mentioning they aren’t even pvp…