Rated Battleground Participation

Yea, ok…

I think the push to incentivize PvP to raiders who never really did it before because they didn’t like it all that much has resulted in increased participation by players who don’t like PvP but can expect to get carried by their gear due to built in advantages. I don’t think there’s anything players can do to change this.

Overall, a very well-thought out, and accurate post.

However, anything aimed at top 0.1% wont help much

I’m not sure there is anyone asking for incentives only for the top 0.1%, if we follow the arena formula than glad titles and mounts are given those that win 50 games above 2400, and it used to be given to the top 0.5%. I think that would be plenty of motivation.

The real question, anyway, is any of our feedback being taken into consideration, if we are still repeating the same suggestions for rated battlegrounds after almost ten years.

1 Like

Perhaps part of the solution would be to merge all regions worldwide for RBG purpose and implement an artificial minimum latency (e.g.: 120ms) to make it more fair for everyone.

Player vs Player in this game is unlike most other competitive games because like most are aware of if you do not have a certain amount of Ilvl it is hard to beat the other team that is higher than yours (assuming both teams are near each others ranking level of play).

I am not sure why it is so hard to just create a general queue system for everyone bases on your ranking for that season and when you queue you get placed in waiting for others near your ranking.

But to be honest I just returned from a 3-year break this past January 2020 and I saw then what is still happening now…If I want to be competitive in PvP I need gear. I have not played one Rated BG with this character In BFAzeroth (prior to my break I used to do nothing but Rated BGs).

::: One Solution ::: for more participation in PvP >>> remove the need to grind gear for Rated PvP - everyone who queues for Rated PvP of any sort automatically is allowed to choose from the most up to date gear for that season (no different than tournament style)

If someone wants to pay a subscription and only log into play Rated PvP then so be it. It’s only usable in Rated PvP and auto-remove itself when the match is done.

2 Likes

My guild formed an RBG team. We worked from the ground up. Tirelessly practicing until we could compete effectively. We faced all our obstacles and came through sharp and ready to go… to find a barrier we did not expect.

First- so few were queing for RBGs that our wait time was forever. When we’d finally get in a fight we found ourselves severely outmatched by the closest competition the system could muster. Most of our team had no rating at all when we began.

Even with our setbacks in three months our team won 76 matches- but the team fell to pieces because “RBG Night” was never truly “RBG Night”. It was “Sit around the Great Seal dueling all night while in a never ending que”.

1 Like

Atleast make it to where we can do our friggin dailies and stuff in raid group. So we can multitask in the forever q’s

2 Likes

Thing is…they are making massive currency from it though. Carries are a capital. Lead design will covertly make the features and expansions solely revolve around the wow token.

2 Likes

Deductive reasoning says otherwise and the best way to counter deductive reasoning would be a census.

1 Like

Also, should add a weekly quest: “win one rated BG” with a big artifact power reward.

1 Like

They had that in Legion.

It started as win 3 arena, win 1 one BG.

Then it got popular and there were lots of people doing it for gear…so they changed it to win 10 arenas and 3 RBGs. Then everyone stopped.

People need to stop assuming Blizzard wants higher PVP participation.

Ion said in Legion that random BG participation was extremely strong and he was very happy with it.

Then they removed templates, blacklisting, added new, bad, maps and split BG queues in three.

I like this concept- all but that it came from a filthy human :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not sure you’d reward it so heavily, I’d be fine w/ a crapton of conquest over the other rewards offered. BLIZZARD! Listen to this player!

1 Like