Rate DragonFlight expansion

I actually like DF unlike the trash expansion we had in SL. never been easier to pvp gear and lvl up toons, the area’s to quest and m+ has been good in my optinion, ill give it a 7.5/10 What’s your opinion about DF?

3 Likes

I think that it’s cool that we can pick the stats on our pvp gear. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

3 Likes

It was an 8/10 until the ret patch came out and dropped it down to a 1/10

10 Likes

The expac was good until the ret rework then it all went downhill and arguably became as bad as slands. I’m super biased though because I main a dk.

4 Likes

they’ve def done some good things

1. PvP gearing is probably the best it’s ever been
  2. Smash hit new game mode. Yeah shuffle isn’t perfect but I’ve had a blast with it and I know I’m far from the only one
  3. Unique seasonal glad mounts are something they’ve never done before. I wonder if it will be the standard going forward
  4. New PvP enchant is on par with tyranny
  5. A lot of development effort into baseline classes/specs/pvp rather than torghast powers etc

overall solid 7.85/10 with potential to go higher if the future patches offer more than just rare spawns on a new landmass

I do miss the vibe of shadowlands though

6 Likes

0/10 maybe 1/10 for having ah in the main city

1 Like

DF so far is like a low B tier.
Its an expansion, bout all I have to say.
Nerf a few specs, remove the evoker PvP wall talent, inflate PvP brackets, and I’ll give it a high B because the ret patch will forever make me loathe season 1.

I personally prefer SL over DF, although DF is better than some other xpacs over the years.

I’m a big fan of BC, MoP, WoD and BFA pvp tbh (I wasn’t around for WoTLK and expect that i’d say that was top tier ifn i was there for it).

MoP and WoD mainly 'cos it was kind to feral druids and we could rule the map ifn we chose to put in the time and effort.

BC and BFA 'cos it was fun for my pally and SL 'cos my surv hunter.

2 Likes

10/10, 11/10 if they fix rss qs, prob 12/10 if i pved

best expansion by far

This, DF season 1 would of been the best pvp season ever until ret rework came in…literally

3 Likes

The height of the xpac for me, but I don’t don’t get to play many games because of queue times.

1 Like

Yeah the imbalances and not following through on the pvp talent revamp sucks. I do think the expac is pretty good outside of this.

Incomplete.

Depreciated systems everywhere, lots of clunk, conflicting design philosophies, glaring imbalances, stagnated progression systems, empty zones, excessive instancing, lacking innovation/horizontal expansion.

Why didn’t they add server/realmgroup leaderboards for ranked/unranked PvP yet? This would have been a great time for a feature that is standard in even most mobile phone games…

PvP is not meant to be casual, PvPers are a competitive bunch and being able to “gloat” / bragging rights is a big motivator for a lot of folks who enjoy PvP same way top end guilds like to compete for raiding “firsts”.

PvP should be accessible for casual PvPers, it should not be tuned for the casual players. Casual gameplay is for questing, crafting, and dungeon runs (and entry level raiding).

1 Like

Speaking in terms of PvP I thought S1 was great until the patch at the end that literately no one wanted that made Rets literal God tier for a entire month or so. I think a lot of people said screw it after that patch and started playing other games and I think the PvP scene has not fully recovered. S2 hasn’t gotten off to a great start either… balance is not good, deflation is at a all time high, and there is a massive lack of healers problem.

1 Like

For players, it’s an 8/10 overall
for streamers, 0/10 since they can’t “coach” which means less subs , so they will say it’s dead

8/10 because I know that season 3 will be one of the greatest seasons we have ever had.

Mostly because it has to be otherwise everyone will quit lol

At this point, I think 7.5/10. Im having fun Qing with my friends, Never really enjoyed RSS tho. Just wish we didn’t have to wait for catalyst so long.

1 Like

As a backpack organizing simulator, I rate it 9 out of 10.

This season is not fun at all. MMR is super deflated in all brackets. I have never struggled so hard to hit 1800 in 2s. Doesn’t help that my spec is garbage right now. Every game is against a FOTM S tier spec. Every matchup feels bad. My healer partner doesn’t even like MW that much but feels forced to play it because the other healers he has are all awful right now (prevoker and hpal). The meta specs are not fun to fight. Just an endless sea of unkillable fury pve nerds doing insane damage and demo/destro locks that never let you move your character. Sub rogues are actually one of the few S tiers I don’t mind facing, as it’s the only one outlaw has a favorable matchup against.

DF had a lot of good going for it. I love dragonriding and the world, love the way gearing works now, new talent trees are really cool and a step in the right direction. Really, it’s the class balance and MMR that’s dragging everything down. I’m so burnt out from playing a bottom tier spec that blizzard doesn’t seem to care about, facing nothing but S tiers every game because everyone just plays FOTM now.

Shadowlands was better, fight me.

2 Likes

8.5/10 (ret rework aside)
I play 70% less than I used to and q just as much arena bc no grinds fast gearing and leveling etc.

No pve trinket crap or bis gear…new stat customization with crafted gear is awesome.

Balance is decent relative to historical norms. Just generally good stuff.

Keep up the good work, Tuesday balance changes seem decent. Hope hpal decent after their coming rework.