Rarity Battle Pet Found

Courtesy of the Secret Finding Discord and Centori, Ponxha, and WonderWez of Warcraftpets Discord. (If I miss credit, please tell me)

First thing you need to do is gather:

1. Oxxein Lockbox - I pickpocketed the mobs in the House of the Chosen in Maldraxxus for about 30 minutes before getting one.
  2. Phaedrum Lockbox - I pickpocketed the mobs in Tirna Noch for about 3 minutes before getting one.
  3. Solenium Lockbox - I pickpocketed the mobs in the Citadel of Loyalty and the small area before it for about 30 minutes before getting one.

Tip: Here is my Pick Pocket Macro. It targets the nearest enemy and pickpockets it. You can pretty much just keep running and spam it.

#showtooltip Pick Pocket
/cleartarget
/targetenemy
/stopmacro [noexists]
/cast Pick Pocket

NOTE: Some Oxxein Lockboxes from before 9.1 have converted into Sinvyr Lockboxes and will NOT work. Also note you do not HAVE to Pickpocket, but it has a much higher rate than drops. You can also just directly buy the lockboxes from other players, just not from the Auction House.

Next Step:

1. You must find a Tazavesh Lockout where the 1st boss is defeated. At that point, head to this location on the map:

You will find an NPC named Shopkeeper.

He will send you an emote periodically. Reply with /nod, /yes, and apparently /wink and you will eventually be given access to his inventory (the actual activation is yet to be known, this is just how we’ve gotten in so far. It took me about 3 minutes of /yesing to his emotes.

Purchase Rarity for the 3 Lockboxes and 2143 Gold. Congrats, Enjoy your new pet!

16 Likes

Does it matter if the lock boxes are locked or not? I ask because buying from peeps they may want to peek inside before selling them to you

1 Like

Nope, doesn’t matter if they’re unlocked. I opened them and only left the cheapest single item behind before trading them to the vendor.

2 Likes

Got it tonight. Thank you for the tip, OP.

I spent about 2 hours on my level 51 rogue pickpocketing in all of the relevant zones. 1.5 of that was spent in Ardenweald. ha ha. It was horrid.

I got my Bastion and Maldraxxus boxes so quickly that I got cocky about it and figured I had this thing in the bag. Then I got to Ardenweald and spent about 15 Tirna Noch resets to get one.

But…I got the boxes, mailed them to my main in Tazavesh (love having mailboxes in the dungeon), and bought it just in time.

2 Likes

Thank you! :white_heart:

I have my boxes, just need to find a lockout (Thank you for this write-up btw, it’s perfect). If anyone on Horde side, US realm has a lock they’d let me ride off, let me know :slight_smile:

Sirloper#1255

What UI setup do you use…is it hard to setup like shown in these pictures.

I stole the picture from WonderWez on the Discord, lol.

LMAO…dang I liked it too …

If you finish the entire dungeon instead of simply killing the first boss, can you still interact with the vendor and obtain the pet?

Since you can join someone else’s fully cleared lockout, I’m fairly certain you can interact with the vendor even if you haven’t killed any of the bosses.

I have gotten 2 of the 3 types of lockboxes you need, having a hard time finding or pickpocketing any of the Solenium Lockboxes.

I have been running around Bastion for the last week, waiting for resets on mobs to pickpocket, not one box has dropped in the entire week of running around. So I tried farming them, nope not a one. Only getting gold and the gray junk that takes up bag space and sells for crap.

1 Like

You can always look in Trade Chat. They are tradeable.

1 Like

I got that one fast but the other 2 were slower. The Maldraxxus box took me a good 2 hours of PPing, Ardenweald probably another hour. The Bastion box (from Citadel of Loyalty) I had in maybe 15 minutes. It’s extremely RNG dependent. They do drop, but can take a while. Just don’t give up.

Two more days of PP in Bastion, and still no lockbox :frowning: What am I doing wrong?