[Rant] This game needs about 3,000 less quests per expansion

I’m returning after a couple years and I can’t even imagine how it feels for a new player!!! A dozen quests in my log, 3 dozen on the map, 4 dozen around Orgrimmar, and so on…

At some point you have to admit they can’t come up with anything new for this game. They just keep adding the same mindless grind quests expansion after expansion. I know 99% of the WoW population has the blinders on and can’t comprehend this, but just look around…not much has changed in this game quest wise.

Runescape got quests right. They tastefully add a few quests each year and each quests actually gives you meaningful rewards. Quality is better than quantity people.

If anyone can change my perception on this I would love to hear your side of this, because at some point we deserve to experience more than what we’ve already been doing for 14 years straight.

Runescape has gone to hell BECAUSE its lacking quests.
It used to release a quest every month. Now your lucky to get one every year.

I used to sub to Runescape for the quests but they stopped. i came back after 5 years and there was only about 7 new quests.

Outside of the quests, most things are the same thing just different colors.

The problem for Warcraft, ‘unique’ quests take resources and time to create. For it to be a ‘once off’, thats just wasted resources. So they need to reuse that quest mechanic a few times to make good use of it… repeat that for x expansions… and your back to where you are now.

Blizzard doesn’t come to the returning player forum for feedback. If you’d like them to see your concerns you would need to post over in General Discussion, or use the in game feedback tool. Otherwise this will likely never be seen.

I’m not trying to change your perception, but rather agree with you up to a point. I haven’t played Runescape, but for me, The Secret World also somewhat proved that most people aren’t looking for quality over quantity. I say “somewhat” because it had another major flaw - some difficult solo-only quests that really don’t belong in an MMO (although Gatekeeper quests are entirely reasonable before being allowed to join group or raid finders).

WoW’s forte is a low barrier to entry, as are Blizzard games generally. They’ve been very successful at it.

I can’t fault them for that. I’m taking a break from games I consider superior only because I’ve used up the content (good quality missions are expensive to make) and currently tired of making up my own content (I mostly prefer sandboxes lately).

Edited note: You can’t play the original The Secret World anymore unless you’ve played it before. You can play Secret World Legends, Funcom’s attempt at trying to make it more mainstream (dumbing it down), but missed the boat again.