Ranked Solo Shuffle Reward Structure

Hello! Forgive me if this has been asked and answered already.

As we all know, the new expansion is going to bring ranked solo shuffle as a game mode. My question is, what is the reward structure planned to look like? Can we expect that it will be similar to 2s where you can climb up to Elite and receive Elite rewards, or will it be it’s own type of progression? Will it be same structure as our current 3v3 system? I know that it’s pretty early on in Alpha, so I doubt we’ll see anything for awhile, but I don’t believe that there has been any conversation or communication on this particular portion of the system.

Thanks and hope you have a good day!

5 Likes

Do we know this?

Its been triple confirmed

9 Likes

Oh neat.

Now they just need to remove this rating reward system and return to %titles

3 Likes

I’d like for it to have separate rewards from 3s. It should reward conquest and honor just like 2s and 3s, but the higher ratings and achievements should be their own things. Like some gladiator-esque ground mounts instead of the same old " xxxx drake"

1 Like

If they skimp on the rewards it will be pretty dead quickly

5 Likes

Perhaps, but solo shuffle still pops pretty quickly. Its a fun game mode. If pvp is enjoyable in DF i reckon solo shuffle will be the most played pvp game mode.

“If” doing a lot of heavy lifting in that statement though.

2 Likes

It seems reasonably popular now despite rewards. If people can get to max level then more or less hop right into bgs or something then be set to push shuffle rating then it could be super great.

3 Likes

I do think that regardless of if the rewards are good or not the mode will still be popular - I know that personally when I don’t know what to do but I feel like queuing I will queue for a solo shuffle.

I think that is no reason however for the rewards to be, I suppose, uninteresting? I think it would be unfortunate, to say the least, if the rewards/incentives are boring but the mode is popular because it’s the one with the least barriers. But, we haven’t heard what those will be! So I hope that we hear soon on what that will look like.

Overall I think that having a robust and rewarding solo experience will help increase participation more since it would be sad for someone to start off in solo queue but then realize, oh, all of the best rewards come from queued 3v3, and it’s more of a “trial experience” than it’s own path with any reason to push higher. I could also be wrong and no one ends up caring! It would be interesting to see them experiment here.

5 Likes

Yeah, for sure. Especially if they do a good job with gearing and minimal external power/chore stuff.

2 Likes

Is it gonna have voice? I can imagine there are gonna be a lot of banned people once this starts from all the “its your fault” rage.

1 Like

I’m sure it could, but imagine how disorientating it’d be.

Yeah. Im trying out solo shuffle for the 1st time and people can be very toxic just in chat. I cant imagine in voice.

Yes it does currently it swaps you out of the channel each time your team swaps.

1 Like

Interesting. I imagine if people were chill I’d pop in to be on the same page as to who is using what but initially I think I’d rather just take the loss than hear a female orc/human with engi goggles on tich explain why I should’ve played around them trinketing air.

1 Like

yea only had 1 person ever join with me and it was pretty toxic rofl.

I can’t imagine the rated solo shuffle mode will have any different rewards then the current 2s structure. Rated 3s will likely still be the premiere bracket to get Gladiator / Mount / R1.

If they do add a unique reward to solo shuffle my guess is it will be a new title that’s independent from 2s/3s. RBG’s added the hero of the horde/alliance title but they never implemented a mount to the bracket.

Because the art team either wasn’t given the budget, or are to lazy to make independent class sets for PvP in DF (at least this is what the data mine shows so far), I suspect they wouldn’t spend the time to design another mount for solo shuffle. Most of the dev team does not care about PvP, and the lack of a mount in the RBG bracket really tells me this new bracket probably won’t get one either.

2 Likes

If they added a mount to both RBGs and Solo Shuffle Rated you could guarantee the participation each season

2 Likes

How to make people find the nearest bullet 101

Not like a glad mount just like a mount. I just want something besides 200 saddles