Rank one & Gladiator system needs to change!

Hi everyone, i just wanted to shed some light on something that’s been bothering me. This is the first season i’ve set out with a goal of pushing for rank one. Which has made me realize how out of date this system is. When you look over the pvp leader board its the same 30-40 players who all have multiple toons of their main class + alts taking up rank 1 spots. I do not believe this is healthy for the game. This would be equivalent to trying to push a bracket in league but all the good players in that bracket have 3-5 accounts they play on taking up spots in that bracket. Either Rank 1 needs to be account wide to solve this or maybe just class wide and hope that would fix it. If anyone else has any suggestions please post.

also something needs to be done about the gap between gladiator and rank one.

In my opinion 2400 should reward “Elite title” and gladiator should go back to 0.5%

there are going to be people who are 3150cr + Gladiators who missed rank 1 this season and they get the same rewards as 2400 players that insane.

16 Likes

This isn’t a problem unique to how PVP brackets work now. Rank 1 players have always taken up multiple spots in the rank 1 range whether it was through making multiple teams on one battlegroup or transferring alts to a different BG to take over weaker ladders (heres looking at you, Nightfall R1s). This allows them to sell individual characters with Rank 1 titles for hundreds of (sometimes breaking $1000) dollars without sacrificing their mains.

1 Like

the gap in every other situation is going to be a LOT smaller
this season is SUPER ridiculous we’ll likely never see inflation like this again

but it’s still too big

0 rewards between 2400+50wins and 2900-3k is still a ridiculous gap

imo elite should be a class specific elite set and glad should be % again

i don’t like it, but i think if anything blizzard would sooner make rank 1 0.5% than add more rewards lmao

3 Likes

Significantly inflated season would cause that. If this season was cut in half then this wouldn’t be an issue.

1 Like

sometimes I feel like the best solution would be to set a final bar for Named Gladiator title and leave it at that. Like 2700 maybe.

Realistically I think 2700 would be where r1 would fall without people manipulating spots with alts.

Realistically, I actually like the Adaptive MMR that Blizzard implemented in Legion, but its prone to the same abuses as it always has been–just not to quite the extent it used to be.

Inflation will never be as bad as 2450 Rival during Cata lol.

2 Likes

this is a hot take

while a handful of people do play alts of different comps (typically tournament players) and a few play multiple of the same (crusader/most rogue mage players) i don’t really think that alone pushes rank 1 up between 2950 and 3k up from 2700

1 Like

It’s exactly like this in league too.

That’s a no from me.

More okay with this.

That’s because of the inflation, this likely will never happen again to this magnitude.

The number could easily change. But we also have to deal with the glaring issue that wintrading is still alive and well utilizing the logoff method. That’s another reason ratingd gets so inflated.

A certain site that sells accounts has a Gladiator listed at $1200 right now. Older Gladiator’s are even more expensive. Selling a WoW account for irl cash seems to be very much alive.

another super hot take

i don’t think there’s any sort of rampant win trading happening behind the scenes propping the ladder up

wanna expand on that a little bit?

1 Like

They dint even sell their whole accounts. They move the character to the dummy account in the buyer’s name so really they only sell the character.

I think they got rid of that loophole because people were abusing it that way specifically. Now its the entire account or nothing.

I will expand on it in a 1 on 1 conversation, but not in a public forum. Btag me if ya want [REDACTED] and ill explain real fast before I go to work

EDIT: Removed btag too many people asking for details.

So you don’t have as much skill level as those players and you are asking Blizzard to change system just for players like you to call yourself R1?

Nah it still works.

I may have deleted your add if you sent one, sorry

You’re a person who’s playing 500cr-600cr above where they’re supposed to be, because their class is busted and inflation. Heckindoggo also falls under this, has accomplished nothing until bfa made their spec OP.

You’re a bfa mage who mostly plays mage/lock, rmx

95% of all bfa mage, lock, rogue, ineff hpals fall under this category.

Man dilly is right, bfa ego is legit :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

They did not.

That is insane they didn’t remove it.