Rank Hordes Warchief

10/28/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Horndan
My Rank

1. Thrall
2. Sylvanas
3. Vol'jin
10. Garrosh

Vol'jin had the makings of a Great Warchief, but was cut down too early. If his reign had gone on longer, I suspect I'd be rating him higher than Sylvanas at present.

Thrall had the best temperament and wisdom, and made the best decisions.

For me, on this character, Sylvanas is a leader worth following. Cold, calculating, methodical, and a complete WAAC military strategist. On my non-Forsaken alts, I'm not on board with her use of the plague and raising our soldiers to fight again as undead. But on my DK (or Forsaken)? Sure not a problem.

Garrosh was the worst. A insecure hot head with daddy issues, and tactical moron to boot. Him betraying the Horde to juice up on Old God was the final nail in the coffin for his rating. I rank him dead last with plenty of room for other new warchief's in between.
Thrall
Vol’jin
Sylvanas

Garrosh wasn’t a warchief, he was a liability.

Sylvanas is hard to rate because she did literally nothing as Warchief in Legion. It’s like they *were* going to make her interesting, and then just dropped her story in the garbage and forgot about her after the fight with Genn.

Also, shouldn’t Genn be dead? He took one of Sylvanas’ blight arrows right in the chest.
10/28/2018 08:26 PMPosted by AlfgerĂ°r
4. Garrosh: kept a certain roadkill brat in her place.

you crazy?

Sylvanas never cared about his word xD

She basically lied to his face knowing he knew it.

He just didnt have the thralls balls to do anythign about it.

Gromm would of been the best WC (sadly he was never made 1 officially).

powerful, took action for his mistakes, and willing to give his life or his fellows.

sadly his son never got those traits :\

Thrall wasnt bad, but he was too pacifistic.

Vol'jin...didnt really do much <_<..still an awesome guy.

Garrosh...pretty passive and then goes off dead end and tries to make horde orc only...

Sylvanas...may put the "honor" to the side, but she has technically done more in her short time than any other WC has....like it or not.
3 Likes
1) Sylvanas
Last) All-way tie for everyone else, past or future
1 Like
10/28/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Kyrgiakos
1) Sylvanas
2) Sylvanas
3) Sylvanas

this
2 Likes
I wish Lor'themar would be warchief already. He has so much potential to do great things.
1 Like
1) Thrall
2) Vol'jin (he had the potential, but Blizzard couldn't kill the Alliance leader without killing the Horde, and nothing Ion says will convince me otherwise)
3) Garrosh pre-corruption
4) Basic Campfire
5) A random murloc on the street
6) My pet rock
7) - 99) Probably everyone else on Azeroth
100) Sylvanas

I despise what she's become, she's leading the Horde worse than Garrosh. I despise her existence as a Horde warchief.
1. Thrall. Wc3 and founder of the new horde.
2. Vol'jin. He was a good Troll. He treated the Horde much like how Thrall would have.
3. Sylvanas. Wc3 as that she has more character then Garrosh. While I hate Forsaken as a playable race, I still like Sylvanas.
4. Garrosh. Hes a racist rude a hole.

I only counted war-chiefs of the Horde of Thrall and after him.
1. Thrall - if I need to explain this people need to read up on their lore and let go of "BuT gReEn JeSuS".

2. Orgrim Doomhammer - took control from Gul'dan and the Shadow Council. Whilst they were still crazed and bloodthirsty due to the blood curse under him, Orgrim at least had the Horde's best interests in his heart relative to it being used as a tool by Gul'dan. Not to mention he fought alongside Thrall freeing the Orcs from captivity in the Alliance internment camps.

3. Garrosh Hellscream - Only ranks so high due to his days before the villain bat and Orc Hitler, and because everyone else has either been terrible or inactive. At the beginning of the war in Cata he was at least acting for the Horde, looking to expand their holdings and claim over resources.

4. Vol'jin - Had the potential to arguably be better than Thrall, being a nice balance between the "Strength and Honour" Horde and the dark and cunning Horde. Unfortunately potential isn't enough to rank him higher. He just simply didn't do enough in the position. He congratulated us for our Garrison and led the efforts against the Legion on the Broken Shore (which is definitely admirable but is only one battle).

5. Blackhand - was just a puppet for Gul'dan and the Shadow Council.

6. Sylvanas Windrunner - I've made my feelings about her well known and without igniting another derailing debate, she is essentially using the Horde as Gul'dan did - as a tool to further her own goals. This selfishness warrants such a low ranking imo.
3 Likes
10/28/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Legionkiller
Thrall
everyone else

the lich witch
Not that I have any skin in this game:

1) Thrall

Iconic from the word go. His campaign in the WC game was a huge part of spiking my interest in WoW.

2) Vol'Jin

Ala, poor Vol'jin, we hardly knew ye. Worst (on screen) death in WoW cinematic history. Absolutely the bottom of the ocean, beneath whale flop, when it come to writing.

3) Garrosh

Had he not been corrupted, he would've made for an interesting warchief.

4) Sylvanus

I want you to live. And be turned into a raid boss. So I can farm you over, and over, and over, and post on GD the drops.

Gawd awful storyline, her waifu-ness trumps Thrall by the length of Kalimdor. Should've been sh!tcanned two or three expansions ago.
Sylvanas #1
1 Like
Varian
#1 Stonetalon Mountains Garrosh (Proper Garrosh, "YOU ARE DISMISSED!")

#2 Sylvanas (Actually accomplishes things) - She would be #1, but I always have to give that one out of character writing for Garrosh props.

#3 Thrall (Great pesudo-peace time leader)

#4 Vol'jin (What a great month he had)

#5 Garrosh outside of Stonetalon Mountains writing. They threw away great potential to have a brutal, but fair War chief.
2 Likes
Garrosh was actually a good Warchief up until his madness got the better of him. You know why Deathwing didn't step on Orgrimmar? Because he put spikes on the rooftops!
1) sylvanas
2) vol'jin, if he'd had more time to shine, i think
3) thrall when he got sad in legion and retired
3) garrosh, for being a decent villain
4) thrall when he was a mary sue

end post
1 Like
1. Thrall
2. Vol'Jin
3. Garrosh
4. Basic Campfire
5. Dog Vomit
6. Maggot Infested Witch, Sylvannas
1. Orgrim Doomhammer
2. Sylvanas
3. Thrall
4. Blackhand?/Vol'jin
5. Garrosh

Garrosh got stuff done yea, but gotta knock him down for 1) bring a racist, 2) meddling in that Old God s61t. Whether Sylvanas is being manipulated or not is irrelevant, since according to chronicle we're all being manipulated, since the reason wow started and the quests everywhere is because the Old Gods sowing chaos throughout the realm. So far, she's not chomping down on Old God organs (that I'm aware of)
[/quote]
Sylvanas...may put the "honor" to the side, but she has technically done more in her short time than any other WC has....like it or not.[/quote]
True that. As much as people dislike her methods, she does produce results (victories). To me, she’s the most militarically compentent warchief the horde has ever had (although siege of Zuldazar puts a dent in that). I suppose it depends on whether people want to remain good and not get results, or become bad and get results.
Sylvanas
Vol'jin (sorry, he didn't do much as WC, all the cool stuff he did was before it)
Thrall
Garrosh

*Lucille Bluth voice* I don't care for Orcs.