Rank 6 cloak quest not 100% drop?

Hi,

I just finished another horrific vision. I cleared the Valley of Wisdom thinking a lost area would help out on loot. I then proceeded to kill Thrall and completed my vision. The quest states “To further bolster your resistance to N’Zoth’s influence, we will need to gain an even deeper understanding of his nefarious power.” I am sure I followed orders but the quest apparently is not a 100% drop or did it just bug? I did not receive any quest items from this run.

1 Like

This also happened to me, no loot at the end either.

1 Like

Hmmm i just did it , and it dropped for me , i completed the zapboi one, killed thrall and when i looted the chest i got the book.

Edit: ahh i see why… you did the lost zone one… you needed to do either the zapboi (valley of spirits ) or garona , the corrupted zones, the lost zone one is for lv 11+ if im not wrong

The quest does not specify which side area or areas as it just states “gain an even deeper understanding.” If the quest only counted for those zones, it would have been worded so.

Maybe, and i agree with you, but all guides i read people said only those two counted , the others were for later upgrades, maybe it is a big oversight by blizzard :frowning:

I’m a little shocked that you’d pin your hopes on Blizzard’s quest text. Those things are always something between useless and wrong.

TBH, the only good information is in third-party sites. That allows Blizz to leak usable information without writing documentation giving out game hints.

Taken from WoWHead located here Legendary Cloak Guide

Rank 6 - 11
Now that you’ve hit Rank 5, in order to reach Rank 6, you now need to collect parts from the Tier 2 Corrupted or Tier 3 Lost areas.

1 Like