Rank 14 - Is it 6 or 12 weeks in Classic ERA

For tomorrows PVP Update coming. I understand that -

• Honor caps will be set at 500k
  • You can decay within but NOT below your current rank
  • People will retain their current rank on era

My question is - are the current era servers set to a 6 week or 12 week cadence to rank 14. I have not found a clear answer to this. There is conflicting information online. Thank you. Good luck to those looking to push rank these upcoming weeks.

They said 8 weeks at the cap.

3 Likes

Can you share the source? Thanks. :]

Granted there might be a change to this that gets posted, but I doubt it.

I’m pretty sure the cap will be 750k.

500k? Can do that in 3 days on a bg weekend

It would be nice for Blizzard to confirm the cap and even that 8 weeks from their blue quote, but that may not happen, and if it doesn’t people will have to figure it out on their own.

1 Like

It will be 500k unless its been lowered further. What can be done on AV weekend isn’t the issue. What happens the other 3 weeks is. Now if AV goes up 20+ hours a day even on weekdays, then 500k won’t be so bad during wsg, ab, and off-week.

What do you mean “what other BGs can do”

Ab and wsg quite literally stomp all over the hph you can make in AV. Even if your games are good. So I’m nit really sure what you’re basing that assumption from at all

You can do almost 300k IN ONE DAY on ab weekend in a premade. Also, it looks like WSG and AB will be the focus, based on what the brand new ranker discord for era is showing. They’re even holding very large gold prize giveaway “competitions” based off of those BGs. So if you’re not on Whitemane I wouldn’t be banking on AV bring anything other than a weekend thing

2 Likes

You have no idea. During first classic reboot and “The Marshal Program” top tier ranking AV players were producing 1.8m honor per week and during SOM, with longer wait times, the numbers were still always over 1m. WSG and AB is only viable if you’re running a Naxx geared pre-made. This patch is intended to increase participation. Which will happen if AV is up most the time. If the average player is stuck getting farmed in wsg or ab they will find out fast that the numbers simply aren’t there. If this is the case participation will not grow which was the entire point of this patch.

1 Like

No they weren’t. Were you taking about alliance? Because I know all the gen 1 alliance players.

They had to weave all 3 BGs in a 5 man or just que wsg as a 10/with ab weave. The caps for alliance were never generally over a million dude. The average was 800k

I sure am talking about Alliance but this effects your average Horde players too. AV, win or lose, everybody gets a decent amount of honor. AB and WSG this is not the case. AV needs to be up at least 16 hours a day or the new system will not achieve its goal of greater participation.

Well it isn’t going to be up 16 hours a day because judging by the attitude of the pvp discord on WM, it appears AV will only be a weekend thing.

I know alliance hit 1m on som a couple times, but generally it was 800k. Horde had 2.4 million caps on non AV weekends cause of instant qs. That is the same reason ally on classic produced so much honor, q times.

People on era aren’t gonna q AV while theyre decently geared because there is no reason to. lol. I’ll be playing my prebis priest and I will never q av until the weekend

I’ve been rank 14 once and rank 13 twice. I have a few simple rules. Never waste time doing bg’s that can result in 0 honor. Doing objectives in AV because honor per hour comes from fast games not hk farming. Most importantly never get involved in the drama associated with pre-mades.

Yeah you don’t have to elaborate, I know what kind of ranker you are

I am just here to drop the intel on why AV isn’t going to be meta.

If that is the case then the only weeks worth pvping will be AV and possibly AB weeks. If that is the case then the only weeks I’ll participate is AV and AB weekends. Pounding sand during the week if AV isn’t up.

That’s fine. I’m just letting you know what the talks all about

AV is definitely more appealing to the majority of pvers who want r14 but don’t actually want to pvp, ever. I’m hoping for some weekday AV pops, I like the pvp on defense. I’m probably dreaming though.

There will be more AVs popping than previously, as newer players want the rep rewards. Myself I need the offhand.

AV is the only pvp in Classic at the moment. Aside from the occasional pre-made vs pre-made with similar ilvl there isn’t much of any pvp happening. Naxx Pre-mades farming pugs is not and never will be pvp.

I dunno, I still manage to sneak in some kills verse premades. And if they camp to gy so hard that no one res’s, well the game is over in a few minutes anyways.

But yes AV pvp is fun.