Rank 1 Pushes should have some limitations

For the record, I am NOT a R1 player, and this is post is 100% about rated solo shuffle. With that said, I do watch a bunch of R1 players push, and while it’s fun to watch there are some changes that 100% should happen for future PvP seasons…

1. No player running the same class/spec with several alts running the exact same class/spec should EVER take up a spot from other deserving players. It ruins not only the cutoffs at the end of a season, but diminishes recognition from other players who 100% deserve that spot.

2. See #1.

I’m watching a dozen people make their final push for the title, and to lose it due to one player playing 10x alts at a high rating is pretty lame. For the record I am fine with R1 players pushing for R1 on various classes/specs in solo shuffle, yet the current system punishes those close to R1 that barely missed it due to some player who has mastered 1 class/spec. To me anyone who can’t do the same across multiple classes is 100% undeserving of R1 for their alts.

1 Like

This was addressed in 10.0.7

Direct source: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23923813/dragonflight-1007-content-update-notes-now-live#item16

4 Likes

They should make that distinction clear as some folks sadly rely on 3rd party sites for PvP rating rankings. I’m watching most folks rely on check-pvp.fr without the understanding that this bliz post is the case.

Would be nice if Bliz actually had a fully functional rating embedded into their site, so these 3rd party sites aren’t so heavily relied on to those (including myself) that missed this tiny little note.

They just posted the cutoffs.

As for why the actual ladder isn’t working I can’t say.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input, Kennie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Always happy to help. :dracthyr_love_animated: Hopefully the official ladder has cutoffs working early s2.

1 Like

RSS is a mini game.

Im glad they addressed it. R1 titles should be reserved to 1 char per person for each class they play. So someone who plays 5 of the same spec taking up a spot wont keep 5 people down.

its a problem that has needed fixing for a while. But it has finally happened which will open up R1 pushes for more people.

It is all good things they have been doing recently. Aside from some horrific class balance.

if there’s 10 destro spots and r1 destro is 3600 pvppaul
and he has another destro at r3 3550 pvppaulx

the warlock at r11 would be eligible for the title

and that’s already factored into the cutoffs

1 Like