Rank 1 players in 1500 bracket?

sometimes i flip thru the twitch channels and i see that pikaboo guy doing 2v2 with viewers.

now, this is fine. pikaboo is certainly a charming young man who seems to have a heart of gold. he wouldnt hurt a fly!

however lets be real

pikaboo is a 3300 player. he is rank 1 he is beast he is better than 99.99 percent of other players. FACTS.

why is he in the 1500 bracket stomping people out? those people are going to probably just quit the game or quit arena.

those people are being screwed.

• random 1500 guy spends an hour in LFG, finally gets arena team
  • first game fights pikaboo, a 3300 player
  • their team loses, team disbands

wow. i bet that player never does arena again, i dont blame him.

why should that guy waste his time trying to beat a 3300 player ? even if he wins he wont get loot. just go do a mythic 10. much easier, guaranteed loot.

crap meant to post in arena forums smh

3 Likes

Personally I think your PVP rating should be tied to your account. Would not stop people with multiple accounts but it would avoid a lot of what you see even in rated bgs.

6 Likes

But lots of ppl are terrible on their alts

1 Like

Uh I don’t think Pikaboo plays on 1.5 my guy. And even if he did, he would probably play with a terribly undergeared team mate. Terribly undergeared as in below 100K hp

that would leave the entire ladder dead besides the S-tier comps/specs, because no one wants to mess around on a non-meta alts at whatever rating especially when your main can miss out on titles after your mm/outlaw/holy comp dropped 100 points

although appreciated, could male human paladins just leave the thinking to other people please?

2 Likes

He literally does LFG 2s with random people and viewers to help them get to certain rating goals… its not like he’s queueing up with Xaryu or Borngood in 2s at 1500… its stream content… he doesn’t play classic, he’s not gonna 3s cause there’s barely anyone playing high rated ladder atm. So carrying people in 2s is his content atm.

1 Like

As Smorc said, he is playing with stream viewers.
He isn’t trying to be some WoW smurf. He has no intention of embarrassing people in arenas or being a jerk.

If you quit arena because you lost a game then you’re most likely not cut out for it. Adios.

1 Like

I watch his stream a lot. He appears to be a great young fellow. He looks in the LFG for players trying to reach certain benchmarks and runs with them. Many of them are undergeared and/or horrible players. He doesn’t care about his 2’s rating and has no issues losing, and he loses a lot down there due to the players he is grouping with.

It’s nice to see that not every above-average player is an entitled prick. He is one of the best players in the world and has no issues helping out new players. I respect him more for that than for anything he has done in the arena competitions.

3 Likes

As a newish player, OP is right. If people who have never played pvp hop in and get matched with people who are rated way higher, pvp will die.

Surprised people defend a streamer instead of defending longevity of wow… How odd.

One or a couple of losses will make you quit?

Ever hear iron sharpens iron?

It would be a great opportunity to learn from one of the best players

As a veteran player, OP is wrong.
If you’ve never played PvP then you don’t even know who Pika is, or that he or any other player is higher rated than your team combined. All you’re going to recognize is that you lost. If you quit PvP because you lost an arena then you weren’t the type to stick around anyway.

Have you considered the perspective of the person who got to play with Pika on his team? He reached a new rating that he was previously struggling to breach, he played with one of his PvP idols, he got a chance at seeing amazing PvP talent in action. Now he wants to improve his own gameplay to stay at, or surpass, that new rating he reached. WoW gets another devoted arena fan.

7 Likes

Lol that’s already the case though :joy: they made alts unfriendly so people only play on what they can get an easy glad for…

I haven’t qued since last season but that was already the case before the essence grind was introduced… I’d shudder to see it now.

If a newbie shares something in an effort to help grow your game dont act like an elitist. That crap kills games.

OP: I agree with you 100% that we should try to get new players into competitive matches and mitigate crazy unballanced matches. I’d think the community would agree but it seems many dont care about good game experience/retention.

Veterans: I appologize if I offended you. I wish the future of wow good luck!

Nobody is acting like an elitist. Get over yourself.
What kills games is catering to casuals who have no perspective of what they’re screeching about. Hence, retail.

People who are criticizing really need to watch his stream. He plays a lot of double dps with unskilled players and does lose a lot because double dps has to basically be perfect to get a win against a dps/healer and the players he is running with are far from perfect.

He is extremely educational explaining what/why he is doing. This kid has done more for new players than anyone playing this game, and you think he is hurting pvp? I would recommend any new player making a rogue to watch his stream.

I didn’t stop running 2s because I was getting beat by better players. I stopped running 2s because I was getting beat by players not as skilled as me but were beating me simply because they were playing a disc priest. OP classes and comps are the problem in pvp, not great players.

1 Like

At 15:58 hansol picks pikaboo at 18:41 pikaboo start to take out 5 of the 5 on the other team.

This is true. I’ve run with a couple of 2400+ players gearing on alts at 1600mmr in Arena, and they honestly play it like a 1500.

Can’t tell if insinuating there is a skill difference between 1600 and 1500 or just bad at explaining things…

My point was in agreement with yours… some are bad at playing other classes despite having a high rating on their main.

I’d be more worried about the community itself that will literally destroy the spirit of any player who feels pride in achieving their personal best. Than pika playing with his fans.

It’s probably the only game on earth where top end players legitimately trash and destroy someone’s personal character ect because 15 hundo.