Ranger General Sylvanas pt2

So, I’m playing catch up and there’s a lot of catching up to do.

I want to start here since its the most intriguing to me at the moment. Thanks Finninbas for the post.

I did not see this coming!! Wowzers!

I like this addition on so many levels.

I have been saying this for how many decades now? The only difference is the how, not the outcome. I’m as giddy as a school girl. My decade long professional story forum career(lol) hasn’t been for naught my assessments have been spot on. As a hardcore Sylvanas fan; I AM PLEASED!

So many feels right now; and my thoughts are racing 100mph. This is the best thing that could happen for Sylvanas’ character.

A few comments after reading a few post:

Frostmourne was wielded by Arthas; the bulk of his victims weren’t killed by Frostmourne. I know numbers aren’t important but I’m guessing a fraction of a fraction of a fraction that “Soul Splitting” even applies to. While the bulk of the undead don’t fit into this special category of soul splitting, the bulk are still suffering through the effects necromancy. Both groups souls are affected, but if I was a betting man I would say being killed with Frostmourne is worse.

I’m interested in hearing ya’lls thoughts; especially those of my loyalist brethren!

14 Likes

How dare you insult Serena by using her in a Sylvanas thread

5 Likes

Sylvanas is a legend Serena is a legend perriottt!

Those fist pumps are not to be trifled with.

8 Likes

I’m not sure if there’s anything worse they could do than some soul-splitting crap with Sylvanas. How would that be a good thing in any way?

4 Likes

I’ve been preaching soul splitting every since cdev said the souls of the undead are partially attached to their corpse. I’ve discussed that part in countless threads. There’s also the point of the special ritual performed on Sylvanas that I discussed many times.

I said all that to say that the same Sylvanas that was saving women and babies during the invasion of Quel’thalas isn’t the same one that starting eating women and babies upon undeath.

There’s a disconnect and apparently cdev is adding another level which is great. I refuse to believe that the bulk of heroes that are killed and resurrected into undeath are 100% the same person as they were in life. I’m fine with soul splitting, partially attached souls, and or the Dark Ritual. Point being there needs to be an explanation.

The concept behind soul splitting isn’t new; the only new thing here is they added an extra layer for those killed by Frostmourne.

1 Like

Y’know this doesn’t invalidate what our “Dark” Sylvanas did right? If there is some “Good” variant out there, she has had nothing to do with the franchise since her death in WC3. She is not the Sylvanas Sylvanas fans are loyal to, and she in no way validates their loyalty to her darker half if she does exist. If anything, the Ranger General of Quel’thalas who sacrificed herself or her own people would probably condemn her nihilistic twin and find nothing but disgust in what her and her loyalists have done. She might even reject her entirely.

Like, people do get that right? That Ranger General does not absolve the Banshee Queen. At best, it might explain her. But even then, judging on Uther, it seems more that positive emotions are repressed in the “Evil Half”. Not that it makes them evil by default. Nor does it validate her fans dogmatic cult of personality to the Banshee Queen. Because if they are still “Loyalists”, then they are in no way loyal to that “good” side of her. In fact, they’re pretty antithetical to her. And that doesn’t even get into the issue of soul splitting itself.

21 Likes

When did they say “partially attached”? The Cdev says that necromancy acts as a buffer that prevents their souls from properly joining with their bodies. Probably because life attaches souls to bodies that are still living.

Exactly.

That’s just it, the forsworn get justification and he immediately rejected the idea of serving the mawsworn. The “evil” Uther wasn’t even evil, so this doesn’t do anything for Sylvanas at all whatsoever.

3 Likes

I’ve shared my opinion on the matter a few times, but for this particular case I don’t think there’s enough info to say 100% what the case will be.

Cdev can 100% obliterate the ill effects of Frostmourne have on Sylvanas and Sylvanas still be an awesome character to boot. Basically the same but less baby eating. I’ve said for a very very long time that Ranger General Sylvanas deserves her “clean death” if that means purging the evil from her soul I say purge on! #happyending

There was a blue post on the EU Forum; IIRC it said “imperfectly” and/or “partially” does it matter though? Point being, the person/soul isn’t effectively 100% whole.

4 Likes

Yeah, this. I’m not even sure why this has to be explained to people. If there’s a second Sylvanas trapped in Torghast, she’s not responsible for anything the first one has done and is doing. She’d basically be an entirely different character, one who’d probably be horrified to see her other half has become as monstrous as the man who put her there.

In fact, I’d respect it if they treated this split Sylvanas that way. I wouldn’t if they used her to validate anything about the Sylvanas we know, because well and truly, she would not.

16 Likes

Yes, because “imperfectly” isn’t the same as “partially”. Necromancy does have an effect, but there’s never been anything saying that they weren’t whole.

Or she could be even more wicked than the Banshee Queen we know.

1 Like

I’m surprised at how relatively little resistance there is by Forsaken fans to the “undead are literally different people right down to the metaphysical level from their living forms” angle but I guess I can’t complain given it wraps everything up pretty neatly.

I would lawl! Honestly I don’t think there would be time for wickedness. As twisted as her soul is her only goal up until EoN was to kill Arthas and die and peace.

I think when its all said and done Sylvanas soul will become whole and she will likely finish what she started atop Icecrown.

Mute point

Yes, there is you can google search it. I’m sure there are a few around that can back it as well.

Someone should inform Calia she gave the Forsaken the keys to the Kingdom ahahahahha!

No need to resist something that has never been suggested by the devs or the story, or anything that matters.

1 Like

It really doesn’t matter at this point, Calia will protect the Forsaken’s claim to Lordaeron from all her their enemies!

Long Live the Other Queen!!! lol

We good.

1 Like

It always seemed pretty clear to me by just, you know, looking at them and their actions but it’s great that people have finally caught up.

Only if they behave of course. Eat their veggies, go to bed on time, get good grades, and definitely no more plaguing things or raising horrific armies of the damned.

1 Like

I am glad people are enjoying the lore.

I am stoked that we get a shout out.
I thought our choice was simply being marked off as :

“ the wrong choice that doesn’t get a toy.”

To be forgotten. I am glad to see it brought up, again.

I see a middle ground.

If this … “Good” Sylvanas is honest, she would not deny the “Evil” Sylvanas. It is the worst of her, pushed and formed to the worst ends - but it is her. Perhaps they would have to meet and come to an understanding.

Either way, I do not see them as two wholly separate entities, but as 2 extreme expressions of one entity.

10 Likes

lol; glad we can joke about this today. Back in the day I would be furious even at the suggestion.

#sochill

1 Like

Yeah I’m weirdly a lot more chill about it than I was at the time too. BtS and BfA helped a whole lot.

I’m even willing to entertain the idea of the Alliance sharing Lordaeron with the Forsaken!

2 Likes

Curse good to see ya man. I’ve always valued your opinion, thanks for chiming in.

Who truly knows how they’re gonna explain away the soul splitting stuff? I think I’d be happy in any case.

Worst case scenario is Sylvanas goes screeching into WoW Hell level 9000, without even a mention(happy ending) for the Ranger General side of her.

I’ve always looked at it as a war within the soul were the good part of the soul is losing…by a lot.

I love seeing glimpses of their old selves aka the decency, but here comes necromancy/frostmourne effects to knock them back down like ground hogs.

#theyareintheresomewhere #gottofreethem

Edit:

Share! What do the Forsaken have at this point? 8 people at TM? lol

#notwhatitusetobe #notthesame #W/E

3 Likes