Random thoughts about Loa and the Shadowlands

I was replaying BfA the other day and was doing quests in Nazmir when it dawned on me how similar the Nazmir Loa were to Shadowlands creatures. Hireek looks like he came straight out of Revendreth.

Krag’wa looks like he could fit in nicely in Ardenweald. It seems like the Fungarian may be native to Ardenweald too.

Have you seen the theory that G’huun is a gorm? I wonder if the brokers, who are smuggling beasts out of the Shadowlands, are in any way related to the Titans experiments on Azeroth, which lead to the creation of G’huun.

I know this may be grasping at straws but in the blood bog there are Mawfiends, why would they use Maw fiends, and maw related beasts in Nazmir if they were not going to tie it in to the Shadowlands.

Speaking of the new reveals about Elune being connected to Ardenweald, I wonder if we are going to find out if the Blood Moon in Nazmir (that looks like it’s sucking up blood) is somehow related to Elune. A vampiric Moon isn’t something to be easily glossed over.

1 Like

It’s all related to reusing assets, nothing else. for example one will never be able to visualize and represent how Cthulhu really looks like except using different animals we are scared of to give a close enough feel of what it would be like. Basically it to convey how those beings would feel like rather than how they truly are like. Another example, I cannot show a blind person how the color red look like, and I can tell the person how the color red feel like by saying hot and warm and inhaling. And for the Red Moon, it was Bwonsamdi using the Moon to channel his necromatic loa powers to summon all the souls of his followers he kept (which why the Winter Queen doesn’t like him-I believe he tricked her or Mueh’zala used a Wildseed to rebirth Bwonsamdi into a loa-).

3 Likes

So you think Bwonsamdi or Mueh’zala may have been twisting Elune’s power?

I do think there is a huge connection between Mueh’zala and G’huun, but I just can’t quite tie all the lore together.

In De Other Side Bwonsamdi says the Trolls turned away from Mueh’zala because “all those sacrifices, all dat blood!” It seems like Mueh’zala does have some connection to the blood trolls and G’huun, maybe through Hakkar? Mueh’zala may even be tied to the Old Gods, as primitive trolls worshiped Old God minions as Loa.

In Gurubashi there’s an end boss, Jin’do who tried to chain Hakkar and use him to tear a hole in the sky. I wonder of that was the Jailer’s first attempt to get to Azeroth.

I honestly don’t like the way the story is going. All life was seeded by Eonar on our plane of existence, including dragons, then Ysera was infused with some powers from Eonar. Which I believe makes Eonar the Winter Queen’s sister( in the sorority kinda way). I think Elune is both a void and light being and that the Naaru are just like Elune, it is part of their life cycle to go from void to light to void. The Moon is a representation of Elune not necessarily Elune herself. I think any being with void and light power can exercise some form of control over the Moon. But I don’t like the way Blizz is going with the Storyline where Ysera is Elune’s ‘pet’.

1 Like

Yes!! I thought Freya was the Winter Queen’s sister based on her connection to the Emerald Dream.

I thought Ardenweald was meant to be a dark reflection of the Emerald Dream.

They are playing fast and loose with thier own lore and I don’t like it.

1 Like

The Chronicle implies the Emerald Dream always existed but had been reshaped by Freya from Azeroth’s Dreams.

Logistically the Emerald Dream’s counterpart to the Winter Queen should be Azeroth herself!

Incidentally in Folklore the Summer Queen is named Titania.

Elune who is the Winter Queen’s sister has shown no Life Magic whatsoever and there is no mention of anything tying her to the Emerald Dream!

Her servants use Arcane Magic and(for the Night Warrior) the same Purple Death Magic used by Mueh’zala!

Her only connection to Light and Void is her creation of the Naaru and the Darkened Naaru visibly use Death Magic on top of the Void Magic!

Elune seems tied to Death and Arcane!

The Winter Queen’s Night Fae also are tied to Death and Arcane(haven’t you noticed Moonberry flaunting Arcane Spells on top of the Arcane Elementals created by the Spriggan?).

1 Like

Low key almost feels like this latest Elune Revelation is out of spite

2 Likes

I’ve always kind of hoped Elune was the “Mother” of both Light and Void.

She deserves more reverence than just being The Winter Queen’s sister.

I like your theory that Azeroth is the WQ’s sister. That would have been a fun twist.

2 Likes

I said counterpart not sister!

The First Ones who created the Eternal Ones would be different from the First Ones who created the Titans(which would be a later project)!

Azeroth would in my mind be a Titan designed by one set of First Ones to counter the the already existing Winter Queen created by another set of First Ones who would also create Elune to counter 1 Void Lord and 1 Light Lord(who would be An’she whose bled out Light spoken of by the Tauren Myths would be used to create the Naaru)!

1 Like