Random Disconnects

So since last week I have been experiencing nonstop disconnects. Ill just be playing when suddenly Ill dc and the battlenet launcher will dc aswell. Ive tried hard resetting my router but it still happens.

Same here, its interfering heavily with gameplay with friends. Extremely annoying.

Same here. It’s only Blizzard related programs (WoW, Overwatch, the launcher, etc) that disconnect for me. Everything else runs fine with no hiccups.

blame classic and stress test =/

Are y’all noticing any patters in the disconnects? We’ve been seeing more reports of disconnects occurring due to the DHCP Lease Timer on Arris modem. If you’re using an Arris modem then it may be related to the thread here.

If you don’t have one of those modems then we’ll want to get a WinMTR test ran. When posting those results please format it by encasing it in a set of ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Contents
~~~

I have been trying to get a WinMTR for about a week now, the times it happens are random and inconsistent. I lose connection to the wow server though instantly and cannot reconnect for a minute or two usually. Voice/BNet app/other applications isn’t interrupted.

I had a specific occasion earlier where I just got insane packet loss in game, or so it seemed but my ingame chat was still working and not lagging. I am on Telus in Central British Columbia. I have tried the basic stuff like resetting modem, settings, etc. Guess I will keep trying to get that data.

for anyone using an arris modem try setting a static IP on your computer and see if that fixes it. i’d be curious to know if that’s a solution to these issues people have been having with arris modems who haven’t been able to adjust their dhcp lease timer on their own.

I am one of the people with DHCP issues. I changed my lease time to 10 hours but I still get issues. The pattern seems to be that the first lease renewel past midnight seems to fail causing Blizzard games to disconnect. I do not believe my modem automatically updates itself like Windows 10 or other software programs (although I can easily be wrong about that) so I am skeptical that this is directly a modem problem. I am more inclined to believe that either Windows or Blizzard updated something that started causing issues that were not there before. I have had this modem for years and never run across DHCP issues before. Fiddling with DHCP lease timers and such may be a fix but I wonder if it ignores an underlying problem. For me, this really became an issue at the same time as classic beta release although the timing may be coincidental.

Edit: One think I forgot and it relates to the following post a bit. I said I thought it more likely was related to a Win10 or Blizz update as opposed to purely a modem issue, but an ISP issue is also possible. The whole structure seems to be a house of cards…

Noticed this was the whole DHCP lease deal that was happening to me, but I don’t have an arris modem. I have comcast service with a TP link router/modem. The problem just recently started in the last couple weeks.

Just to touch on the Arris modem updates. Your ISP will get updates and push those to the modem. As it is affecting all Arris modems and different ISP’s this is the reasoning behind the “update” theory.

I had the issue long before the classic beta release and it was driving me crazy. I knew it had to do with my modem but I could not pinpoint what the issue was until a helpful poster found out through their ISP that the DHCP Lease Time was set hourly.

You are right this is not a fix its a band aid which needs to be addressed with the ISP or the manufacturer of the modem. I’ve sent a troubleshooting ticket in and they promised to escalate it to their “upper tier techs”. But who knows how long that will take.

Unable to play today, will be logged in for like 2 seconds and disconnected from game. Sh!tty.

Well it started to happen to me, i switched the “Optimize Network for Speed”(Esc > System > Network) to off and it seems to be fine now.

[Edited by Moderator]
This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.