Random BG's need a ilvl requirement

For the love of god and all that is holy please let there be a ilvl requirement for random BG’s. A large number of players mostly new ones think that grinding honor is best way to get better gear without doing a single quest only because they can. To many times a BG will be an automatic loss because the heals or multiple DPS will be in starter gear to fight against conquest lvl enemy players. The game not only allows this to happen but encourages is with PvP quests rewarding conquest. Doing a unrated BG shouldnt be a no chance at all to win just because your teammates refuse to find any way to get gear other then being carried in a BG.

Unless you’ve been under a rock, DF expansion makes all gear equal as youve requested in your post.

Hang in there until November 29th

7 Likes

it’s all relative. if they pit people in questing greens against other people in questing greens, then there’s no issue.

it’s the massive disparity that’s the problem. i’ve been in a game recently with a rogue on our team that had 24k HP (yes, level 60) and of course the opposing team had an afflock with 133k hp. those are the extremes, of course, but it’s absurd that it’s even possible for these two players to be pitted against each other in the first place.

it’s not a problem with the players, because the game fully permits this to happen. it’s a problem with the game.

2 Likes

Well, no, but it does allow people to pursue bis without rating. The potential is there, but just zoning into bgs doesn’t put you in bis, and this will probably be heavily complained about as it was in previous expansions.

1 Like

Haven’t been online much lately, but the last random battleground I did, there were two Horde DH’s sitting a base whose combined health wasn’t even half of mine. And I’m not even a high rated player. I killed them and took the node of course, lol.

Sometimes you can blame the system but sometimes I think the onus should fall on the players. Like come on guys, there’s no reason to show up to a battleground with 23k health. Just put some basic effort into your toon.

1 Like

Those are fresh 60s.
Makes sense they are in BGs cuz at least you can get honor gear pretty easily before the renown requirement. i blame blizzturd.

2 Likes

Ah yes. You are 100% correct on that.

So 1 honor set, 1 conquest set and good to compete on an even playing field.

This is just false information, completely false its going to work the same as shadowlands. The only difference is, is that conquest gear upgrades have been removed. You will still need to grind BG gear, then grind conquest gear for better ilvl in bgs.

The only change is that rating doesnt matter anymore, everything else with the gear difference and the conquest grind will still be a thing.

I’m not defending a lack of effort, but why is it not ok to have 23k hp? if all the other people in that BG have 23k health as well, then there’s no problem. pvp is all relative. WoW entry-level PvP allows the most egregious mismatches I can imagine.

I admit, I don’t play any other games, but is there really another reasonably popular game where the very bottom of pvp (equivalent to queueing up solo for a random BG) has the very real possibility of pitting you against the very highest rated players in the game, should they simply choose to queue for that?

NFL players don’t get to randomly show up at Pop Warner games (should they decide it would be fun) and decimate 7 year olds.

1 Like

So 1 set of honor and then 1 set of conquest ?

That is all anybody ever asked for isn’t it ?

I’d be happy with that.

1 Like

Yes, and yes.

The catch is that the PVP ilvl only works in instanced PVP. WPvP and all PVE will use the PVE ilvl on gear (which is rating gated like SL gear)

1 Like

What version are you talking about?

What are those losers thinking of? PvPing to get PvP gear.

6 Likes

Actually, I think it will. As long as you can earn conquest in BGs, you’ll eventually basically be BIS

no they do not they are unrated casual bgs . this isnt LFR this is normal bgs its how i gear up toons inbetween epic bg ques. Relax youll prob never see the undergeared ppl on your team again anyway .

We get some conquest here and there from unrated content now, I don’t see why it will be any different in DF.

But, I have not been keeping up on the beta news

Random BG’s need a IQ requirement

Hey, I fixed the title for you. :slight_smile:

How else are alts and new players supposed to get honor gear without doing bgs? It’s literally the casual experience. If you lose get over it, its randoms…

the current system is nonsense.
playing as, with or against a fresh toon in greens is not fun for anyone.

an ilvl requirement for casual pvp is not the solution tho.
people should just be scaled up to a base minimum.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL for real tho as alliance ive seen some stuff that makes em question how ppl got that far