Ran RBGs as Alliance for 9 hours today

Ran Random BGs for 9 hours as alliance today on my Rogue as an experiment. Solo Que. Immediate reques. 3 wins.

I accept, entirely, that it is likely that I am the absolute worst PvPer in WoW. Even then, statistically, the continuous rolling I witnessed tonight can’t be explained. I didn’t keep exact track of the number of BGs but… 9 hours nonstop, 3 wins. Would someone from Blizz care to chime in on how that is even statistically possible given the “It is about 50/50” talk I hear over and over. I wish that I could say that this is an anomaly but I’ve seen similar more than once. Tonight I saw 3 battlegrounds where not a single member of the Horde team was even killed. That is odd for Randoms. Again, I could be the worst player in WoW, but statistically this should not be possible unless there is a legitimate problem with the game.

4 Likes

Depends i went from 1699 to 1812 last week . You just got in a bad group.

1 Like

Sometimes people just get demoralized and stop trying, this sometimes leads to a partial or total offensive collapse that enemy healers just adore. I see this in CTF maps and occasionally Kotmogu. It’s never fun when it happens to your team, but usually it means the game will be over soon.

You need to take breaks. Take a few hours to go bake some bread from scratch, cook a wholesome meal, and call friends that you haven’t seen in a while. They say practice makes perfect, but we also need time to decompress to let things sink in.

Blizzard doesn’t assemble thirty people into an Arathi Basin and then flip a coin to determine the outcome. Every game you’re in is won or lost based on a collection of the successes of your allies and the mistakes of your enemies. What is your usual routine when you go into a battleground?

3 Likes

the statistic that Blizzard use is likely the overall of pvp across all timezone…

my understanding is that the Alliance win usually happen when its Australia/Asia (GMT+8) 6pm to 12am…which should be around US, Washington DC 2am to 8am timing…

Will be better if Blizzard can publish BG win/lose ratio on each major regions; USA, Asia Pacific & EU…

1 Like

randoms or rated bgs?

1 Like

pretty sure hes talkin about random bgs not rated

3 Likes

Well go fig last night when i replied all it said was rbgs . :tipping_hand_woman:

1 Like

That nonstop part might be hurting your win chances. When I random spam solo if I’m getting the same people in the next game as I did the previous loss… I try to take a 15 min break before a re-queue.

4 Likes

I qued as alliance last night and some this morning for fast ques. Went 7-1. And that’s with no epic bgs ques too.

2 Likes

Crazy how good players win more and bad players lose more. LMAO.

Maybe you only won 3 because you didn’t contribute enough to win.

2 Likes

I give myself 2 chances, if it’s trash both games in a row I’ll take a break and try in a little while. No sense rejoining those same people.

Frankly…it is timing.

A few days ago…I won TWICE ALL DAY.

Played few rounds as horde…lose.
Play a few as Alli…lose
Back to horde, lose
alli, lose
lose
lose
lose

Then other days, I play and just win them all straight. :confused:

Who the hell PVPs for nine hours straight?

Also, I don’t believe you.

5 Likes

LOL!

I really wouldn’t know what to do if I had nine straight hours to play.

2 Likes

I have days each week I can do this.

I tend to do other things in game, play other things or go out.

Screw playing bgs for 9 hours.

Don’t spam queue, it’s bad for your zen.

Funny how bad players who get carried by their better peers in their faction confuse that skill with their own.

How about you roll ally and we can see how much you contribute. Ya, didn’t think so.

1 Like

I didn’t run for nine hours today. Just four. Won my first one (Isle of Conquest ofc). Lost 10 consecutive bgs after that - a mix of regular randoms and the arathi brawl.

I really just want my daily conquest from winning each one just once. Is that too much to ask as Alliance?

I really don’t know why I bother queueing as Alliance at all anymore when it is having such a negative impact on my mental health.

2 Likes

You can just view everyones BG ratios. I mean almost all my BG ratios are 50% or better. That’s pretty fair. AV is at 69% and people say we lose that all the time.

If you have really low % it might be a you thinng and not a faction thing.

1 Like

The que’s aren’t as random as it seems. If I run randoms after another I tend to see a mix of the same people who are also re-Q-ing . If I’m on a losing streak I just stop. There’s been times I’ve been on groups that just win win win and if that’s the case you don’t stop. You’re on the heater and you never stop when your on a heater. Just do something else because when you’re doing it over and over you won’t see the 50/50. Honestly when I was on horde there was times I thought Alliance were always killing it and we sucked.