Raids shouldn't give BiS items

At least 3-5 items for all cutting edge raiders should come from Random Queue Battlegrounds.

If that sounds absurd to you, imagine how the PVP crowd feels. This isn’t something I hope they change in a future expansion, this is infuriating and I’m super pissed to see this coming in SL. I pre-ordered, so I’m going to try it. But I’m not going to fall for this trap again. I missed Legion completely, and it looked like SL would be a return to that style. I was pretty hyped.

Actions speak louder than words. And the actions are telling me that if you play for PVP, you’re an idiot. The bait-and-switch on PVP power was bad enough, but now you can’t get BiS in gear for PVP by PVPing. It’s outrageous.

23 Likes

Alternatively, both PvE and PvP content should reward BiS items for their respective areas.

#BringBackPvPStats

67 Likes

No no no no. Yes this is a complete sentence automod

4 Likes

No. But PVP should definitely be able to get their bis from PVP.

29 Likes

BiS gear for both PvP and PvE should come from pet battles.

50 Likes

That’s a more sensible idea.

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL

BEST IN SLOTS!

10 Likes

but, what about the raiders that want to random que battlegrounds super casually, but straight pwn because raid gear.

what about them sir!

3 Likes

Nothing BIS should come from random queues of any sort…

14 Likes

People who want to faceroll battlegrounds with zero effort can have a low level arcane mage alt like a normal person.

7 Likes

and another 2-4 should come from LFR.

LFR N’zoth is seriously SO MUCH harder than Heroic N’zoth - maybe on par with Mythic N’zoth (especially these days)?

2 Likes

I mean in some cases it is the same for us PvErs. Conflict and Strife is BiS for several classes. My best chest piece (I think it was chest at least) came from high rated PvP. I personally hate what PvP has become and I refuse to do it. I do hope y’all get good vendors in SLs tho. Hopefully Blizz doesn’t pull the same crap they did with set pieces.

“We think set pieces are boring now, here is azerite”
Intentionally made set pieces boring -Blizz

7 Likes

im fine with set bonuses…as long as WF/TF dies.

2 Likes

But this issue will be resolved in SL is my understanding. No?

I hate PVP and I especially hate how Blood of the Enemy was locked behind PVP when it was like #1 recommended for PVE .

100% supported

3 Likes

Color me doubtful on it :frowning:

I’m with you bro, I’m not really a pvper, I dabble in BGs but I hope you guys get your gear from doing your content :fist:

Best gear for pvp should come from pvp

3 Likes

Only rank pvp should drop good items for pvp players random bgs = lfr.

It USED to be, professions had some junk pvp gear to get you going, then you had honor gear you bought with honor points and conquest gear you bought with conquest points giving you a steady goal to work towards (or outright grind in the case of honor). There were still things pvpers would want from pve though (trinkets) but for the most part you didn’t have to pve as a pvper.

Random BG’s might work like LFR, but their actual difficulty is incredibly variable since there are no limits or restrictions on ilvl or rating.

What pvper’s truly need is for casual BG’s to use MMR (hidden or otherwise), so that the transition from casual to ranked BG’s is much smoother and more mirrors the transition from LFR->Mythic on the PvE side of things.

2 Likes

Firstly, it seems like your problem is that you’re upset PvP players need to do high-end PvE content to get geared. Thats a fair critique. “Make PvE players do PvP” is not the solution to that, as others have pointed it.

Second, i am highjacking this thread to ask: is this something PvP’ers unironically want? I would have thought you wouldnt want PvE players anywhere near your queues