Raider.IO is hosting an Off-Meta Push Week Event Next Week

I LOVE how copy pasting this auto-sorted it.

In order for any run on the Timed Run Leaderboards to be considered eligible for this competition, it can be made up of ONLY the following specs:

DPS Healers Tanks
Arcane Mage Discipline Priest Blood Death Knight
Assassination Rogue Holy Priest Brewmaster Monk
Demonology Warlock Mistweaver Monk Protection Warrior
Destruction Warlock
Elemental Shaman
Enhancement Shaman
Feral Druid
Frost Death Knight
Subtlety Rogue
Survival Hunter
Frost Mage
Fury Warrior

Some very-close-to-meta specs here. I’m looking forward to seeing more BrM tanks and enhance/ele shamans.

As for healers, I feel like Mistweavers still won’t get picked with these limitations…lol.

What in the hell does that even mean? They are not meta players if they are not playing the meta. How desperate can you be to belittle this? Hoooly.

1 Like

Real talk:

Frost Mage, Ele Shaman, Fury Warrior, Disc/Holy Priest (probably either SimpDisc or SimpHoly), Brewmaster

SPECIFICALLY Frost Mage. It’s one of the specs that, alongside Fury and Ele, absolutely doesn’t deserve to be considered “off-meta.” But such is the way of usage-based tiering.

1 Like

Nice try 3k dps frost mage. Still not inviting you.
jk lol, yeah frost is good but i’d rather have the brez from warlock. maybe pair frost with frost (yeah!).

Engineering rez probably. Brez is super important to be sure but Soulstone is arguably the worst of the non-Engineering brezzes and while Destro is extremely strong in huge pulls I don’t think it would be as desirable as Frost’s extremely high GFrags AoE or Freezing Winds funnel. Ele and Fury are both 100% set-in-stone though, no questions asked.

1 Like

Who cares?

Meta was never a problem.

Oh no, I agree. But I can’t wait for GD’s reactions when they realize that a lot of off-meta specs are actually still fantastic and that it’s probably their fault they aren’t good enough to compete with the Fire Mages and Boomkins they run with on the regular.

1 Like

looking forward to seeing people lose their minds when they see the level of aoe burst enh is capable of

1 Like

This is fantastic! I’d always wished some of the more popular guilds who stream would do the same for Raiding!

To… alphabetical order?

2 Likes

Didn’t you hear about the 20 Guardians vs H Denathrius?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s another kettle of fish. I mean a real raid, but with all off-specs and wrong covenants. Not a: “whoa, lookie what we pulled off”. Rather a clear demonstration that you don’t need the best specs, just good players.

But yes, those stunts are wild! :slight_smile:

just bears doing bear things

1 Like

Just bear-ly doing things.

I will see my way out now.

5 Likes

Seems like a very good contest to run. I hope it gets done more in the future.

Having only the most meta specs represented was causing even the most casual players to try to only invite those specs, which seemed to cause a bit of a loop.

I hope seeing the second-best-meta compete high keys opens up more mid level groups to the idea of inviting more specs.

The last thing we need is a rigid classic wow community where only 5 or so specs get played.

Sounds like an interesting challenge. Hoping the community can change their minds if they see this go well.

I’d like to see this with offmeta and supposed worse covenant choices.

1 Like

Nah, I meant for ease-of-viewing on the forums. I should have said formatted rather than sorted, but it felt interchangeable to me at the time.

1 Like

It would be more impressive (and barely at that) if they force all groups to be the hardest possible comp for any given dungeon. I mean like literally adjust the comp per dungeon to have the worst specs that have the least amount of useful utility possible per dungeon. Surv hunter looks a whole lot better with at least giving heroism/bloodlust with that in mind.

Edit - And I’d also add that it should be a tyrannical week also.

It seems a little curious that a group that has made their fame and now fortune satisfying player demand to make it easy to enforce the meta is now putting on an event like this, after blizzard’s implementing this tool baseline will write that meta in stone.

1 Like

Wild, your beard is quite wild.

2 Likes

So essentially all the meta M+ people will change specs for this.