Raider.io Coming to Base game in 9.1

While this doesn’t really impact upon me because i only do low keys with friends, i think the community will do horrible things with any kind of system that’s designed to help us exclude/include each other lol

130 Likes

This’ll be a fun thread :popcorn:

65 Likes

can’t wait for all the complaining!

14 Likes

It’s already there with raider.io, this just makes it more accessible to everyone really, no need to dl an addon every week.

23 Likes

When I played the game actively, I used Raider IO; however, I don’t think people should be forced into using it and I am not ok with this change. I’ve been very unhappy with the decisions Blizzard have been making in SL and this might be the final push to unsub.

51 Likes

Perfect. I made the right decision to not renew my subscription to the game. I just wish I’d known about this before I cancelled so I could add the existence of this system to my “Why are you leaving?” feedback spot on the exit interview they give you. lol

75 Likes

nobody is being forced into using it. you can start your own groups and ignore it completely if you’d like to do so!

22 Likes

Yea, basically it’s already so prevalent, like Gearscore that it was only a matter of time

6 Likes

https://pics.me.me/toon-comment-section-31515176.png

102 Likes

why negate toxicity when you can embrace it.

51 Likes

Awh yeah! I hope I can finally do my push weekends without people being like “dude your RIO is 800 why are you trying to get into this 15” and the answer is “I just did 20 keys today including a bunch of 15s.”

I hope they add to your score the more dungeons you do, the main issue I have with RIO is it only takes one run of your best key. So a person who does all 8 15s has about the same score as someone who did 100 15s and doesn’t push higher.

gnome joy :tm:

7 Likes

thats crazy can they add useful good ideas that make the game something worth logging in?

26 Likes

Just wait till when 9.1 comes blizzard will offer AI bot to run m+ via cash shop and your io score will go up. The bots they will know when to interpret, when to pop CD and more importantly all dps, heal, tank bots will play their rotation perfectly with the BiS gear so you don’t have to do much.

6 Likes

Well aware, to me it just seems like the whole GS (Gear Score) thing all over again, an addon that we managed to do nasty things with as a community, and Blizzard thinking it would be a great thing to bake into the core experience of the game.

8 Likes

I hope they have a leaver stats feature.

34 Likes

Oh, wild guess here.

Homogenized mostly useless interface that wont be updated for 10 years?

The one thing that’s nice about RIO, is there is actually people always working to make it better. Once this is put in the dev that created it could be dead by the time they think about updating it again.

4 Likes

It’s going to exist no matter what, may as well embrace it.

If it’s not RIO it’s some other metric. I just hope they don’t just show a number and show what key level and affixes you’ve done for a dungeon, that’s far more valuable.

If someone has done a 14 SD they can probably handle a 15

2 Likes

Good it needed to happen.

6 Likes

If someone is well-geared and learned the mechanics in a 0, they can handle a 15.

2 Likes

I’m just here for the memes

4 Likes