Raid Vault Rewards

I finished killing 10 raid bosses across multiple difficulties last night.

3 LFR
6 Normal
1 Heroic

This morning i was expecting to log in and see that i completed the requirements for all 3 options for the raid vault box.

2 options for normal, and 1 at LFR item level

10 total boss kills with the LFR holding it down
7 kills between normal and heroic giving an option for normal raid loot
Then the one raid option I have for normal which is the 3 bosses killed.

It’s not so much that I’m worried about the rewards as much as I simply want to understand how the vault works.

I would start with a guide first. There are a few out there.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/9649-Shadowlands-The-Great-Vault-Guide

Or ask in the Dungeons and Raids forum, as this would be more of a game hint.

3 Likes

I’ve killed 10 raid bosses between 3 difficulties. I would have expected 3 raid options to be lit up as available on Tuesday.

Due to the known problem of the slow update i gave it the night to refresh.

I appreciate you trying to be helpful, but if you would have actually read my statement you would have been able to count that i killed 10 raid bosses across multiple difficulties. In all the guides it simply states kill X raid bosses to gain access. I would have expected it to be based on the lowest difficulty boss that opened access to the option.

Kozzae clearly did. They’re providing you links so you can go figure out why you didn’t get the reward. Both Kozzae and I completely understand your complaint.

I’m off to figure it out; the info is bound to be in the guides Kozzae linked. Be back in a minute…

3 Likes

As far as I’ve been able to find on the guides and articles, the amount of options you get depends on the amount of unique bosses you defeat on a given difficulty. Defeating those bosses in a higher difficulty allows you to upgrade the loot you get from the vault, but doesn’t give you more rewards.

3 Likes

OK, here is your answer, and the information you need to understand how the system works. Let me re-state that you said you killed:

From the guide:

The requirements are:

• Ten bosses total (any difficulty) to unlock the vault
  • Three bosses total (any difficulty) to unlock a reward at that difficulty level.

You only completed the second requirement in LFR and Normal. You would have needed two more Heroic bosses to complete the requirement on Heroic and unlock a Heroic reward.

• 3 LFR kills = LFR-level reward unlocked
  • 6 Normal kills = Normal-level reward unlocked (x2)
  • 1 Heroic kill = No Heroic reward (lacking two kills)

TL;DR - It takes ten total boss kills to unlock the vault. However, the quality of your loot is determined by the highest difficulty on which you killed three raid bosses.

Good luck!

4 Likes

This information was obvious in your post. That doesn’t always mean that someone who replies knows the specifics of what it means, especially with something that is still fairly new. They did provide a number of links that would allow you to ask someone who may be more knowledgeable about the topic, or resources that would allow you to figure it out yourself.

This is how I understood it as well.

What i said was, I have killed 10 raid bosses, but the vault is only displaying that i will have one option.

3 bosses = first option
7 = second option
10 = 3rd option

I reported it here as i believe it to have been an oversight.

If you believe you found a bug, then you would report it in the aptly named Bug Report Forum so that those who can work on such things can see it. They do NOT come to the CS Forum.

You my friend have been the most helpful response. When i went through the wow ui it directed me here, which is why i posted it here. Thank you, I will see about moving it to bug report forums.

But, that’s not how it works. I thought I detailed it pretty well before, but I suppose I did not.

• You must down 10 raid bosses to unlock the whole thing. :white_check_mark:
  • In order to get LFR-level loot, you had to kill three LFR bosses.:white_check_mark:
  • In order to get Normal-level loot, you had to kill three Normal bosses. You actually killed six so you get two Normal choices. :white_check_mark:
  • In order to get Heroic loot, you had to kill three Heroic bosses. :x:

Exactly. Because you unlocked 1 LFR (3 kills) and 2 Normal (6 kills). You did not unlock a Heroic option. (You only did 1 of 3 required kills.)

I’m trying quite hard to help you understand that the system is working as designed and gave you exactly the rewards you earned. If you don’t find that helpful … I dunno what to say.

Good luck.

5 Likes

Yeah, as some of the people above have said, it appears that the rewards require you to kill 3/7/10 unique bosses. So in order to get all three options, you have to kill Sire Denathrius on at least one difficulty level.

My guild killed 6 normal bosses, plus H Shriekwing, which we thought should have given us the second raid option in the Great Vault. However we only got the first option.

It’s not really explained well in-game, all it says is to kill 3/7/10 raid bosses, but really should say kill that many bosses in a single difficulty level, or Kill 3/7/10 unique raid bosses.

I think it could also be a bug, since a lot of people would probably expect it to work like the mythic+ reward, i.e., you would get ilvl gear options based on the 3rd, 7th and 10th boss you killed, with them ranked from highest difficulty to lowest difficulty. For example, in my particular instance last raid week, I killed 1 heroic, 6 normal and 3 LFR bosses, or HNN NNNN LLL. So if it worked like mythic+, I should have gotten 2 normal options and 1 lfr option.

1 Like

No, you need 10 unique bosses to unlock all 3 choices, which he has not done.

Fairly sure LFR doesn’t count

You need 7, not 6

It’s working exactly as intended, it’s 3/7/10 bosses, not 3/7/10 kills, killing shriekwing on 3 difficulties is still 1 boss.

Thanks! Not sure where that information was as in all the guides I read that wasn’t specified.

Personally I feel they should make it work more like the M+ options and make it so a boss kill is a boss kill even if it’s a duplicate. However, it’s not my choice to make.