Raid Testing Schedule - April 22nd CANCELED

Update – This test has been canceled.

On Thursday, April 22nd, we will be continuing our raid tests in the Sanctum of Domination.

Thursday, April 22nd

Soulrender Dormazain - Heroic Sanctum of Domination
13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)

The Nine - Heroic Sanctum of Domination
14:00 PDT (17:00 EDT, 23:00 CEST)

As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a test environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

Q: How do I get into the raid zone?

A: In Oribos, Dalaran, Orgrimmar, or Stormwind, you may speak to Nexus-Lord Donjon Rade IV in order to teleport into the raid zone while it is open for testing. (The option to teleport into a zone will not be available when the zone is not open for testing.)

Q: What character should I use to test the raid?

A: Whichever you prefer. We will be scaling players’ effective level to 60 for raid testing, and their item level to an appropriate threshold for the encounter(s) being tested.

Q: How long does testing last?

A: The primary purpose of testing is to give us the information we need to balance the encounters, evaluate how mechanics are playing out in practice, and identify bugs. Once we’re satisfied that we’ve received that information for a given boss, we’ll be shutting down testing. Usually this takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, but there are no guarantees.

We appreciate you taking the time to test our content and look forward to reading your feedback.

Hopefully we’ll finally see the end of Garrosh.

1 Like

Does this mean we’re not getting a new PTR build until at least Friday?

Honestly, dude. I was wondering where Garrosh was in this expansion because, you know, its the expansion where all the characters we’ve killed or have been killed by our enemies show up but I really don’t think he should’ve been in a raid encounter. Kael’thas was okay because he’s always been a raid or dungeon boss and he’s a very loved character in the fandom since Warcraft 3 but no one likes Garrosh.

Unfortunately, due to build instability we will be canceling today’s scheduled raid testing.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

5 Likes

Any chance you’re going to fix this instability? I’ve been crashing since last night just trying to do basic things… Oribos, Ardenweald, Maw doesn’t matter where.

Understandable. Looking forward to testing these bosses in the future. Thanks for all the hard work!

2 Likes

Can it be done this week tho? We are on a tight schedule, still, 8 bosses left to test and the mega-dungeon. Too much to be done in little time

In what we hope to be little time, sure PTRs don’t have a mandatory 8-10 week duration but, no one wants a 4 month long PTR cycle after waiting 5 months for the PTR to start

Not unless they push another build that’s more stable this week.

The world revolves around me. I am a paying customer of pre alpha. I took off work for this.

Your arrogance is breathtaking. We are customers, not Blizzard’s product managers. Patch 9.1 will be done Soon™.

2 Likes

The Accuser was right, this one’s stupidity is legendary
You call that “arrogance” ? I doubt you know what that means… but this is PTR chat not Silence-a-moron forum post so, I end it here for the roasting part.

PTR cycles last over 2 months but rarely past 3, Nyalotha is an exception more than the norm, and given what is left to test based on the announced additions and what we have tested so far, we’re behind schedule, assuming we’ll have 2 bosses per week, now 1 week later, and that is if 1 hour of test is enough for a raid boss, of course. But if we get a 2nd round of testing, that would delay the patch an entire month. Still missing the new dungeon to try for a week at minimum, and the mythic+ system, and the affix, and to finish the covenant legendaries + torghast testing. That’s why a week of delay is harmful, unless we get a build with a lot packed into

1 Like

Imagine telling a company developing a game, as a gamer, that you’re on a tight schedule. Lmao. Absurd.

2 Likes

Tight schedule as there’s too much to do and the expected release to not discomfort players based on what speculations for the release show

Plus, ion himself talked about how their release pace isn’t what they wanted, that they’re playing catch up and wished to deliver faster, aka, they’re on a tight schedule

And the tight schedule isn’t about us testers big boy, i was talking “us” as all of us, developers and gamers, that we the WoW community as a whole are in a tight schedule for how delayed the expansion is so far. You read it as “huh i don’t have time, we PTR testers don’t have time to test your sht” which is not what I tried to say.

I mean, what should I had said to make it obvious? To say “the wow community” ? You would have taken it as “the players” aka, the same result.

2 Likes

Can we maybe have less punishing, one-shot mechanics this time around? Thanks.

Imagine not having to work at all for basic necessities, and to keep playing this game…

No really, that is a NICE privileged bubble you live in…

1 Like

You’re so woke.

Any ETA on this?