Raid heal imbalance

Not trying to be rude but you haven’t done a fight that requires healing yet.

I would argue I had to do some on the first boss.

If your raid is extremely sloppy with the stacks and dropping then yeah. But a holy priest isn’t capable of pulling the numbers of a good disc priest or Hpally, and you don’t bring a raid or tank DR.

Not to bash my guild but 70% of them have lead in their shoes. We have no hpal. And like I said above… I’m top heals >_>

I was about to say disc and shammy suck, but should I add druid too?

Monks, OP.

You are top heals because your other healers arent playing properly.
Also if you have no hpal/disc to compete with then there ya go, thats why you are top.

Mythic raiding now relates to healer dps and DR for the big damage, something resto druid lacks. Resto druid is very mana intensive if you are going to pump dps on a fight like ashvane, which is why if we are brought we are the full time healer.

Understanding why people bring these healers will help you understand why Rdruid is slightly behind them in a mythic raid setting. Its not that we dont put out numbers, because we do. Its just that they can put out the same numbers with better utility for the fights in EP and provide DR.

I watch meters but people dying is my only concern. Im never last as druid but im always outgeared so its hard to tell how different the specs are.

Read my posts. We have a disc.

This tier is just terrible for healing balance.

Every single fight it’s preferable to have a combo of hpally and disc priests. There’s never a reason to bring a MW, resto shammy, or rdruid.

Of course, if you’re just doing heroics, bring whatever you want, but in mythic it is just plain preferable to go the hpally/disc route.

Unless you’re trying to be a top 100 mythic guild (in which case, yes there will always be a more ideal option over others, that’s something you’re always going to have to deal with) composition outside of having 2 tanks and an appropriate ratio of heals to dps isn’t needed. Everything is viable.