Raid heal imbalance

On fights like ashevane it feels terrible to be able to play optimally as an rdruid but get simply outclassed by a disc/hpal. What are others thoughts on the matter?

Some healers are better at some fights than other healers. That’s mostly it.

8 Likes

Each Healer has benefits … one of the Druids is that he/she can run around while casting most Druid Spells …there are only two Spells a Druid has to stand still … one is Tranquility and the other Regrowth …
The other Healers can’t do that. While Shamans can temporarily … they have one base Spell they can cast while running, Paladin has two, Priest depends on Specialization and Monk two as well.

The Druids benefit is mobility … the others have other specialities.

5 Likes

Restoration Druids have their moments too…

2 Likes

In my opinion, the problem is it creates a situation where prog compositions are entirely reliant on certain classes which seems like im being forced to reroll in order to secure a spot in the group.

At this point in the expac, I’d much rather be disc because of their dominance in raids. However I dont have the time to grind essences and neck, so I’ll wait til 9.0 I suppose

Wild Growth, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

eh

we did all of our ashvane progression with a mw monk, disc priest and resto druid.

it can be done.

Except in Eternal Palace. Disc Priest and Holy Pally are the best choices for every fight. Then all the other healers are decent for some of the fights.

1 Like

Imbalance is always going to happen, if you just want to be fotm have a toon of every healer. Some has to do with how class stats will scale differently as we get more gear and adjustments are made.

A restoration druid complaining about not being top dog at the moment…good stuff.

2 other specs are currently better…only 2 and you still aren’t happy…

It’s a bit more than FOTM. Disc and Hpally are 15-20% ahead of the other healers in raw healing, then they both have a raid DR, and a tank DR. I’m not saying to nerf those two specs, but the other specs need their healing spells adjusted to make up for not having those externals.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I feel the same thing about rdruids in mythic plus

2 Likes

Yep Holy Paladins and to an extend Disc Priest are currently too powerful in Mythic Raiding, while I do agree they should be balanced, we should also raise the subject about Resto Druids in M+.

The imbalance is not little either, its up to 30% difference comparing a Holy paladin hps output to that of shaman. But don’t forget, paladin with glimmer build can do 25k dps on top of his 109k hps, +5 million dmg absorb group wide with aura. What can “you” do shaman, druid, monk, why even bring you over them hmm?

1 Like

Ashvane isn’t really a healer check boss though. It’s how much throughput your dps can do and using your brain when popping the bubbles. Aura Mastery makes things EASIER for the bubble breaks, but staggering them also accomplishes basically the same thing. It is VERY rare that a wipe on Ashvane is due to lack of hps.

Just have a look at Orgozoa, Queens court and Zaqul logs where healing is even more important and get happy.

I heal as a holy priest and i’m top heals vs a disc priest, rsham, and a mw monk. So dunno what to tell you :man_shrugging:

Resto Druids are amazing in every situation but okay.

2 Likes

Glimmer Hpals needs a nerf… or bring up the other healers to their level. Wanna make MW viable? Fix their criminal mana costs…

3 Likes

Yeah, i got that confused. I knew its 2 Spells and then the big CD Tranquility :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Druids always complain about that … in Raid you can’t pull it through because you cant stand still anymore … could they not use it while running once?
Weird they keep design encounters that keep try to make you move … and your CD doesn’t let you move.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: