Raid area placement marker macro?

So I used to have a macro on my RSham where I have Spirit Link and my shielding totem on @cursor macros and a raid area macro to show people where they can stand but it doesn’t seem to work anymore. Does anyone know of a fix?

Also, I mainly use this for PvP so I don’t know if this has been disabled or anything.

Example:

#showtooltip
/cast [@cursor] Earthen wall Totem
/click CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton
/click DropDownList1Button5
/stopcasting

There is a /worldmarker and /targetmarker command.
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/MACRO_worldmarker
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/MACRO_targetmarker

Both work like /worldmarker [options like @cursor] number 0-8
You could change your macro to:

#showtooltip
/cast [@cursor] Earthen wall Totem
/worldmarker [group,@cursor] 5
/stopcasting

world markers in general only work if you are in a group of some sort and to test /worldmarker you have to create a party of some kind first.

/targetmarker requires you to target the object in some way first. I don’t know if a Earthen Wall Totem can be explicitly targeted with a “/tar”. You’ll have to test it with /tar Earthen Wall Totem. Even if that works, it won’t let you differentiate between the Earthen Wall Totem you just cast and someone else’s and under some circumstances /tar may target another Sham’s totem.

EDIT: forgot these can be abbreviated /wm and /tm
EDIT2: /tm [@mouseover] 5 might work for you too to target the totem, although its possible that if you cast into the middle of a pack your @cursor will place the totem on the ground (because that’s what it does) but your @mouseover can be “over” a mob marking the mob instead of the totem.

1 Like

Don’t need to bother with the group condition, the feature’s disabled if you’re not in a group. stopcasting from the op also serves no purpose in this situation.

#showtooltip
/cast [@cursor] Earthen Wall Totem
/wm [@cursor] 5
2 Likes

Not sure why stop casting was put there, but perhaps it’d be better earlier in the macro to cancel a cast and put Spirit Link on immediately.