Raid Adjustments Discussion

Just wanted to toss something onto this:

I’ve seen A LOT of guild recruitment that is looking for equal or better than them or you’re not an option. I’ve got a freshish mage at 70 and was looking for a guild with no luck, so now I have a tree at 67 and tankadin at 68 looking for a guild, but you need to be 8/10 or better to join pretty much anything right now.

It’s not that there’s nobody to recruit, it’s they’re wanting to poach raiders not make raiders.

I’ve honestly thought about remaking the guild I was part of in the first TBC. We were a “feeder” guild. We’d get people geared out in heroics/kara, do rep runs, attunements, and once people were trained/geared up they’d move on to other guilds. We’d often get guilds that needed a pug contact us before even hitting trade chat “we need a DPS for X is anyone available?”.

They need to remember dark legacy comics:

Bench the ones screwing up and kill some bosses.

Green with a kill is better than purple with a wipe!

2 Likes

This has nothing to do with your post but I’d just like to say that in the last 2 days there are 3 more 10/10 guilds on my server bringing the total to 46.

I know of at least one of these guilds that had all night tonight just for Vashj and would be going to TK after (if) they killed her. 3 pulls later they were on their way to Netherstorm.

These fights don’t NEED nerfing.

7 Likes

They follow normal aggro rules, tanks can threat them and maintain aggro.

1 Like

The people who want to be engaged while they steamroll the content have done so.
The people who want a challenge in their push to clear the content have done so.
Now is the time for those who have struggled, if only slightly, to catch up.
Players (especially those in better guilds) should NOT be the arbiter of gatekeeping, if you want truely challenging content, play retail.
Classic is for us who will never take off our rose tinted glasses that dont care for mechanics that with little to no recourse can by chance, wipe your raid.

I dont see the change to VashJ being a nerf, its a minor adjustment. I’ll remind you that no guild ever legitimately killed VashJ while she was in her 2.0 state, which was never a bugged encounter.

Im not exactly sure on the Morogrim changes, i think it involves murloc health and damage, which allows raid comps to be less dominated by warlocks and arcane mages and means that a prot paladin is no longer necessary (though still very useful)

If we are getting the fully nerfed version of Kael, that is dissapointed, he only needed to be adjusted to be made significantly easier for struggling guilds to have the oppurtunity to kill him.

3 Likes

The time for a nerf to the bosses is when it is actually required to progress to the next phase of content. Currently, people are still working on it as is and want it to continue that way. The only reason currently to nerf it is because “we can’t kill them” and frankly there’s nothing anyone can say that makes be think that’s a good enough reason.

2 Likes

And they can for another 4 weeks.
Then the christmas & new year period will have truely set in.
Half your raid roster will disappear.
You have not considered many factors before jumping to your small conclusion.

Good luck on your reclears.

1 Like

Is it? They never discussed their reasons.

Maybe they just want to give the casual guilds a chance to attune a couple weeks before the release of the next tier so they don’t have to go back to T5 during the first week of T6.

Maybe they just want to annoy elitist players.

IDK. I don’t think anyone but them knows.

Which is the worst part because all I want is clear communication. Are they just doing the boss nerfs because trash nerfs won’t impact things as much as they would like? Are they doing the nerfs because guilds are dying? Are they doing the nerfs so people can do BT? Just clear communication is all I ask.

I’m SOMEWHAT ok with not knowing their reasoning as long as they communicate WHAT they’re going to do in advance.

IN [clap emoji] ADVANCE [clap emoji]

Tell me ASAP when you decide the date the next phase is coming out. Let me know as soon as you know when you’re going to change the game in some other way. Don’t tell me on monday that you’re about to drop an entire tier.

I hate not being able to plan things out.

3 Likes

Im cool with this. Give me a nice break for a few weeks before p3.

Most likely your last point. Since you have to kill the end 2 bosses to do Hyjal, and you need Hyjal for BT… its probably an attunement thing.

Would be a major bummer for a new set of content to come out and a large portion of your playerbase cant participate because of attunements.

But if that’s the case then shouldnt they be telling us when BT and Hyjal are coming out? It’s just ridiculous how petty they’re being with telling us the release dates on thing. Every single announcement date so far has been last second for TBCC - hell SoM release date was last second too.

2 Likes

So odd, why the 14th of dec? people get 2-3 weeks of a semi nerf raid before phase 3? for guilds what haven’t cleared 10/10 yet thats not enough time for them to get geared for phase 3 its just a slight headstart for them. why not nerf it now?

2 Likes

Probably, but even they dont know.

From the beginning I had 1/5 pegged as first day of p3, but we need at least 4 weeks of PTR… so that 1/5 date is becoming a bit of a stretch.

Guess it depends how many bugs are discovered on PTR

afaik p2 is harder than p3 by a pretty good shot. If they are clearing 8/10 weekly they have plenty of gear for p3.

yeah black temple is doable in naxx and kara gear

there wont be another challenge until twins/muru

haha, that comic is funny.
IT’s also true about the recruitment part. Nobody is building anything, it’s all about poaching now.

I would bet 90% of the guilds are looking for warlocks/shamen. They want geared, fully gemmed, and with experience only. Oh, and they use a logical loot council that rewards gear based on attendance, performance, and attitude. TBC is kind of sweaty, more than Classic. Most G are semi-hardcore LC that enforces expensive gems and consumables.

2 Likes

So not even consider nerfing trash HP instead? Lol the awful trash is what drains us not the bosses. I wonder how many of these 8/10 asking for nerfs are actually gonna 10/10 after this nerf. Lul

1 Like

Not soon enough. Nerfs need to be implemented next week or at THE LATEST 2 weeks from now. Waiting until mid December is incredibly stupid.

disappointed, launch the P3 so why won’t it be fun making the P2