Raid Adjustments Discussion

Sure. People are quitting just because the content is too hard. It couldn’t be that they have to decide if they want to pay an extra $25 to continue to play the game when their servers completely die or that their guilds fall apart after the transfer (guilds fall apart after transferring A LOT).

There are many guilds who will be disappointed now especially because there was no notice really. They can’t even extend their raid times/days to clear the content pre-nerf so if they were really close to a kill this sucks for them. Progression is about learning and overcoming not beating the content after a nerf. IMO some challenge to content is fun and I’m not even in a super hardcore guild.

10 Likes

Yep, we are into Q4 now, they want to make sure they have a good Q4. Nerfs from the boardroom, how wonderful /s

2 Likes

Literally WHY!?

Have you not lost enough subs already why would you make a game that is just the tiniest bit challenging, use some brain power put these nerfs in when you Release BT / Hyjal that was anyone who is struggling can do it then, on top of that it takes away the ability for people to get better and progress if they just go “oh well we will just wait 2 months and they nerf the content so we can al get the loot”, things like this is the reason I stopped playing retail wow and now your burning the Classic reboots!

I just hope this is some sort of joke and Blizzard were feeling they wanted to troll to forums to boost the activity.

3 Likes

First real sense of progression in 2 years and now we are back to the brainless encounters

6 Likes

because as we all learned during p1, mindless loot pinata encounters are the best!

1 Like

Please don’t do this. Nerfing the content is awful. It’s already on farm status for my guild, but the fights have a small amount of challenge to keep people interested and not sleeping at their keyboard. Nerfing the content is going to make our raiders quit out of boredom.

4 Likes

Seriously… a terrible idea for a whole host of reasons. This could have waited until the next phase.

5 Likes

Same. We had roster issues on Heartseeker before being forced to transfer to Bene to recruit. We finally have a full roster and this happens. -_-

2 Likes

like dodging flamestrikes and birds is hard. lulz.

3 Likes

This is a mistake. Please just wait until next phase.

7 Likes

Ok but why give less than 12 hours notice on something like this?

2 Likes

Even if the nerf is 100% locked in, the common sense reasonable approach would be to delay it by 1-2 weeks and let guilds that want to try and beat the un-nerfed version a chance to do so knowing that their time is running out.

This would also fit with Blizzard’s philosophy for classic, which is to experience and challenge the game in it’s original form.

5 Likes

Are these nerfs being rushed because Blizzard needs to release something to compete with endwalker launch now that it’s been delayed? BT/hyjal PTR dropping tomorrow?

All lies. At the end of the day they don’t care. They don’t care about their image anymore. That was shattered years ago. They are all about metrics now.

HvH was for the pvp casuals. That’s exactly who it was for and this raid nerf is for casuals. Both impact the entire community.

2 Likes

This is a mistake. You should reverse this decision immediately.

3 Likes

Yah this is going to make the game boring, think I am going to try out Endwalker

why would you give your playerbase only a few hours warning before patching this in when so many are progressing on it still? how amateurish who is it helping giving such a tiny heads up players would have really appreciated a weeks notice. i dont understand how you don’t anticipate players being upset; it’s like they never interacted with a gamer even though they design games for a living. o well hopefully the fights will still be alright

4 Likes

Good job blizzard! Servers have been hurting bad, this may slow the bleeding

3 Likes

exact same boat this is more than dissappointing