Race lore questions

Somewhat relevant to this thread, there will be looser transmog restrictions in 8.2. There will be a way to hid chest armor and possibly a way to hide gloves / bracers as well (not 100% sure on these two parts). So, basically, you can run around in only pants if that’s what you feel makes the most sense for your warrior.

There’s also heritage armor to consider for each race. Also, there’s the Orc Grunt set from the WoD garrison building that’s basically a leather chest harness for everyone.

1 Like

This is correct. From what i remember you will be able to hide everything but pants in 8.2.

2 Likes

Choose orc! You see this orcish majestic armor? Blackrock orcs have the greatest black and dark armors! The Maghar make the Zandalari warriors look pitiful!!! Make a Orc warrior, day f you still want a Zandalari make it a Paladin!

barbarians. like conan

1 Like

The responses in this were pretty well thought out! I especially like the breakdown on the different orc clans. One thing that I don’t think was mentioned is that the mag’har heritage armor that you get from leveling one to 110 is pretty sweet barbaric plate looking armor. Lots of fur and some spikes. That being said, i made my zandalari a monk and my mag’har a warrior for that reason.

Everyone looks better in a top hat.

Extra credit to the first person who can name the last U.S. Presidential Inauguration which featured top hats.

Bare chested illidari look here I come!

I could picture Kid Rock wearing a Top Hat at Trump’s.

Paired with an undershirt.

1 Like

Not quite. it’s probably likely that no one on this forum was born at this time, but not beyond the possibility that there is someone here who actually voted in the relevant election.

so basically from what ive read blackrock orcs are known to wear plate, but its not un heard of for zandalari to wear plate as well?

i was also doing a little reading and is it true that zandalari warriors are low on the totem pole in their society? since its mainly ran by priest that could make sense i guess but would that mean the warriors are weak?

No it means that the priests are very good at promoting themselves as the primary representatives of the Loa.

1 Like

It just means that they are a heavily religious society that mainly relies on their navy being an island nation. While they do in fact have strong warriors on their own right, they aren’t the emphasis of Zandalari society. Fighting petty wars is for the lesser tribes, and Rastakhan has only sent action when he found there was a need.

1 Like

The black Rock were actually known for designing very heavy armor and forging impressive weapons even before the AU Draenor. But again that was the black Rock clan not all clans

1 Like

Yeah I like the Blackrock clan though they are pretty cool. So I did some reading and it seems that zandalari are limited in number of warriors they have and those warriors mostly fight using guerilla tactics until forced into melee. So idk it just sounds like zandalari don’t fit my idea of a warrior much I guess

I bought my top hat for 85k.

Speaking of hats, I kind of wish Blizzard would have two armor slots for heads: one for helms and the other for cosmetic-only items, such as monocles or engineer goggles.

And if they have neck pieces visually appear on our characters, we could have top hat wearing, bow tie clad, goggle enthusiasts characters.

Also we need bow ties in this game.

The option to hide gloves and earn transmogs for rings would be nice. But now I am off topic.

the Dark Irons would stipulate that claim

Rings don’t have a visual element on the character so I’m not sure what would be the point.

I meant if they added a visual element to rings, since he was discussing adding a visual element to neck slots.

Mag’har orcs basically = Klingons.

Zandalari trolls basically = Aztecs.

Darkspear Trolls basically = Jamaicans.