Race besties

What exactly do they say to each other?

Obviously human male and elf female. I imagine there’s an epidemic of bastard half-elf children running around SW and the elf refugee camps.

1 Like

Two in the Mage Tower

Some nightborne are getting drinks with goblins and wondering why their beverages are green, the nightborne engineer is thrilled to meet someone who appreciates tinkering as much as she does and can’t wait to show up all the people back home who doubted her, and one of the goblin bruisers is faking an injury so he can be near the nightborne nurse.

There’s not really that much there, but I thought the interactions were pretty fun to see.

3 Likes

;-; man this is the Alliance i miss…

Yeah funnily enough once you unlock void elves, high elf mages start patrolling Stormwind. BECAUSE THAT MAKES SENSE.

Goblins and Hobgoblins

Hobgoblins as far as I can tell are just mutated goblins. So that doesn’t really count.

From Warcraft 2 and 3 there’s the Humans, Dwarves and High Elves who are Race Besties as well as the Gnomes.

Then you got the Horde which is the Orcs, Darkspear, Tauren, and Goblins. 4 Horde Races who are Besties.

Don’t lump me in with those wimp booty orange babylords. Green’s where it’s at.

1 Like

I feel like Worgen are 50/50 on being besties with Stormwind and Night Elves, and now them and Night Elves are even closer to Stormwind because they live there now!

Brown and grey are beauty momma.

Okay but green orcs are canonically bigger and beefier than orange orcs! (I mean that’s basically like saying one 500-pound gorilla can bench press one extra man than another 500-pound gorilla, but still!)

If you were became green, sure. Being born green is like warm Coke Zero.

Adjusting anything would require Blizzard to go back and alter a 13 year-old expansion’s content. it’s not so much “lazy” as it is “fiduciary” - they’d be spending money to make no money.

I mean I guess they could do some sort of instanced version of Azuremyst or whatever? But there again, spending money to make exactly no money, and leaving the game with an instance of a zone most people flee at level 5.

1 Like

That developed into a straight-up bromance in Warlords of Draenor, when Liadrin repaid the favour from the Sunwell and led a Blood Elf army to the assistance of the AU Dranei. I was bummed that that plot thread seemed to be dropped in Legion.

There was that great interaction where the MU Draenor was warning his AU counterparts to be careful around the Blood Elves because they were a bunch of mana addicts, and the Blood Elves were like, “That’s fair. We need to prove ourselves.”

1 Like

I don’t remember this…was this Horde side only?

Night elf + Worgen is a classic…alongside tauren and orc on the Horde lol

Maybe nightborne + blood elf…mostly for…ship reasons u.U

And maybe because out of the two race leaders they went to negotiate, it was Lady Liadrin that didn’t treat them like dirt?

4 Likes

Yeah, she just straight up lied to them instead.