Race besties

There are at least two instances of the Night Elves helping the Draenei setup towns/outposts that I can recall. One was in Ashenvale and the other in Pandaria.

The groundwork is there for a bromance but it looks like the Draenei are becoming Stormwind’s pet aliens while we become their pet elves.

C’est la vie!

2 Likes

I disagree. The High Elves were disdainful of Humans and only provided assistance when they could be convinced that they were obligated to do so.

It never was with the enthuiasm that Humans would get from Dwarves and Gnomes. High Elves are slightly more chummy with some humans because outside of the ones in Alleria’s Stronghold, they’ve been Stormwind’s longest resident refufgees.

3 Likes

Modern High Elves, I suppose

As opposed to the ancient Night Elves who considered them verimin?

No, the post-Fall of Quel’Thalas High Elves

The ones that didn’t become Blood Elves

So, mostly Dalarani, Stormwind Allerian High Elves

Like I said… refugees who have no where else to go. Note that these are places where they are isolated from Humans at large.

Also to be noted… High Elves have been totally absent from the Fourth War. Am I the only one to have noticed this?

1 Like

Velves and Dark Irons seem to be pretty friendly. There’s a bit of gossip between some of them in one of the Zandalar camps, the main one, and the suicide army in Nazmir was divided into three groups, with the three groups being made of two races that had close ties.

Humans and Dwarves.
Nelves and Worgen.

The third was Velves and Dark Irons.

No, you’re the only one to not notice their presence. We saw their siege engines at the Siege of Orgrimmar. Anytime you que for the Stromgarde Warfront, you’ll see two on the airship, protecting you from the Horde’s canons. When you’re in Kul Tiras, there’s another ready to provide you a portal to Darkshore or Arathi.

1 Like

Dalarani High Elves have been living with humans for a couple thousand years now

Allerian Stronghold still has plenty of humans. IIRC someone even says in a book it’s a symbol of the Alliance of Humans, High Elves and Dwarves

Every other Alliance race has been queueing up to the front lines. The High Elves have not.

1 Like

The High Elves ain’t playable mate

I mean, I don’t remember seeing that many Ogres or Hozen attacking Kul Tiras

Could you explain what you mean by, “queueing up to the front lines?” Because the helves have been active in the 4th War. I mean, the Silver Covenant were part of the Purge and the Isle of Thunder as well as the first and second Siege of Orgrimmar.

I assume you’re talking about the Blood War, which is BFA, and the, ‘second half,’ of the Fourth War. Again, I pointed out the activities of the helves. There’s even a helf-based island expedition team.

No one has been making the claim that either are long-standing allies either.

I mean, Rexxar brought the Stonemaul Ogres into the Horde back in WC3:TFT. Ogres have been long-time allies of the Horde. Rexxar was also active in BFA.

5 Likes

There’s High Elves in Stormwind? I’d thought they’d all be in Dalaran.

Random NPCs in the Mage District, one named Mage Trainer (Elsharin) and a hunter (Caledra Dawnbreeze) in the keep.

Dalaran has way more, and either way they live with humans nowadays. Only High Elves “isolated” from humans are the Highvale, who are frirnds with the Wildhammer and took in Draenei missionaries

1 Like

Blood Elves and Forsaken did at first but the short story changed that.

5 Likes

This probably doesn’t count, but I love how the goblins and nightborne were getting along so well around the Orgrimmar embassy. I wish that were expanded on some more.

2 Likes

The Blood Elves and Forsaken were my favorite besties. Sad that a lot of that relationship seems to have been wiped away.

4 Likes

There are no draenei outposts in Pandaria, and the two night elf bases there have no draenei in them.

1 Like