Race besties

What are the known ‘‘inner allegiances’’ between the races.

Such as Worgen + Night Elves for example.

1 Like

The Orcs, Darkspear, and Tauren are known to be closest to each other in the Horde. And as the Highmountain and Nightborne joined because of the Tauren and Blood Elves we can conclude that the Tauren and Highmountain are tight as well as the Blood Elves and the Nightborne.

Based on their close proximity and Kiro vowing to stand with the Zandalari after Rastakhan’s death the Zandalari and Vulpera could develop one.

12 Likes

Gnomes and Dwarves are old buddies. The dwarves provided refuge for the gnomes after they loss their home, and you frequently see the two sides helping one another across Azeroth.
Gnomes and Mechagnomes will obviously be a thing going forward. They share a racial leader.

Blood elves and Nightborne have absolutely kicked off since meeting.

5 Likes

I remember that the Draenei and the Night Elves used to have a thing going.

I dunno if I am imagining things or it’s just not the same anymore. Given how I didn’t see a single Draenei in Darkshore or in the Burning.

9 Likes

I think blizz said they were so decimated by argus they cant even feild a fighting force anymore aka they are defenceless but safe because blizz is lazy.

They were never really that close. They had Forest Song, and that was about it.

Draenei always had more interaction with humans, even back in TBC. If I recall, it is Jaina/Theramore that made the formal Alliance introduction, not the night elves. But this was a book thing.

Tyrande didn’t even know the draenei were still in the Alliance in Wolfheart.

Elegy stated that the draenei military was pretty much spent after Argus and simply did not have the man power to help. They did take in refugees though.

A defense force isn’t the same as an offensive army you can send out. Just because they had soldiers to protect Azuremyst doesn’t mean they had the soldiers to send out.

You don’t send homeland security to protect allied nations.

3 Likes

Didn’t remember that, thanks.

That’s really heartbreaking tho :c well, at least they took in refugees.

When said allied nation is 10 minutes away and the big hostile force is likely to attack you as well you do. But blizz basicly said they are tapped out for fighters.

But that isnt the story they want to tell so they wont be a thing.

Even more the reason to not send anything.

For all they know the Horde could have just sent another fleet or branch of their army to deal with the Draenei.

Given the proximity they could invade any second then.

As for helping with the evacuation with the Vindicaar or opening portals to the Exodar (I don’t know if they did) since they are one of the best Mage races. That at least they could do.

Off the top of my head:

• Dwarves and Gnomes since Warcraft II, reinforced heavily since Ironforge took in the Gnomeregan exiles.
  • The Kaldorei and Gilneans are close after the Night Elves let them stay in Teldrassil after Gilneas fell, evidenced further by their joint attack in Darkshore.
  • While not as displayed as prominently (since they still have a home in the Exodar), the Draenei and the Kaldorei also seem close. The proximity of their homes and the aid lended upon the crash has done a lot to improve relations with them both.
  • Orcs, Tauren, and Trolls are very close as the “core Horde races,” largely due to Thrall, Cairne, and Vol’jin’s kinship.
  • Even before their adoption into the Horde, the Sin’dorei and the Shal’dorei have gotten along very well. Their experiences are similar (Kael’thas and Elisande for instance), and throughout BFA, the two are usually seen working close together.

Other ones are obvious, simply due to the Allied Races being variances of existing ones:

• Bloodhoof and Highmountain Tauren
  • Exodar and Lightforged Draenei
  • Azerothian and Mag’har Orcs
  • Darkspear and Zandalari Trolls
  • Bronzebeard and Dark Iron Dwarves (Wildhammers if you count non-playables)
  • Gnomes and Mechagnomes
  • Stormwind and Kul Tiran Humans
10 Likes

Well sitting there doing nothing worked out just fine for them though they are lucky i am sure the exodar was in range of the catapults

Are they close? I’m really asking.

I remember draenei interact with a Stormwind fleet, or at least a mostly Human Fleet, when they first arrived. And I also recall Rise of the Horde mentioning Jaina/Theramore sending a delegation to meet the draenei.

There was Forest Song, sure, but outside of that I don’t really recall much interaction between the night elves and draenei.

The Draenei starting zone has a pretty healthy amount of Kaldorei interaction, and a fairly sizable amount of Draenei seem to have made their way to Teldrassil prior to the Burning. Granted, this is me making an assumption based on what I’ve gathered.

Did it?

I remember there was that one injured night elf, but she was a member of the Alliance fleet led by Admiral Odysseus. Then there was one night elf in the fleet as well.

There was also that one night elf that had his home and family destroyed by the Exodar crash.

I don’t remember anyone outside of those three.

I thought that the Draenei and Kaldorei were close because of their proximity to one another but it’s not portrayed well in the game and the Draenei are profoundly closer to the humans due to their shared faith in the Light. Now with Velen counseling Anduin they are even closer.

I dont think the Kaldorei had any extremely close inner faction relationship until the Worgen came along.

Dwarves and Humans have a pretty tight partnership. Gnomes slightly less so since they sat out the Second War, preoccupied with their own problems in Gnomeregan.

Third War. Gnomes partook in the Second. And they did so because they loved dwarves/humans alot. They knew they were dealing with something more important than troggs, with the Scourge and demons, so the gnomes kept their problem to themselves.

4 Likes

During Burning Crusade draenei and blood elves were pretty close frenemies, frequently trying to upstage one another in the eyes of the Naaru that culminated in a joint effort founded by representatives of both peoples in the Shattered Sun Offensive.

High Elves and Humans.

Kinda wish Blizzard put some effort into Gilnean-Kul Tiran relations since the latter descended from the former but alas, Genn is literally the only Gilnean that exists.

2 Likes

Void elves and LF Draenei :blush: