Quit wow. What do with gold?

I like the give gold to new player idea but how to find new player? Did they make new thing to have plant on people head like FFXIV ?

Buy something expensive on the AH then do a surprise giveaway thread thing.

Send it all off to me!

1 Like

A great idea on paper but the problem is how to figure out who is new or not.

Buy vendor items.

Resell them.

Repeat until you can’t even afford Level 1 vendor food.

I deleted my old wow account and I’m back. I did have some personal reasons for deleting too. that said… only been playing for 2 years

how much gold we talking? like a new max-lvl legendary amount? :smiling_imp:

I dunno. I quit for like 11 years. I came back recently. I had maybe 1,400 gold back then but I ended up getting like 30,000 gold in my mailbox somehow from blizzard. I don’t remember exactly what it said but it was either for inflation or from items no longer in game or other currencies that were removed over time.

I’m in the newcomer chat, so not sure if this is only something a Guide or Newcomer can see, but new players have a Murloc over their head in-game, and a Murloc icon in front of their character name in party/channel chat.

See my response to Kaurmine. You might be able to see a Murloc icon above a new player - or at least a new account.

Examples and pictures in this link:.

Buy some legendary base pieces and hand them out to people who would otherwise buy tokens.

Just take it with you. Maybe you will come back.

Send it to all that reply here for it :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll take battle pets anyday. I’m just over 600+ and they are definitely a big reason i even casually play.

1 Like

Just leave it on your account. Maybe you’ll want to come back some day

I’ll echo to just leave it in your account. I came back after 10 years and you might just do the same too.

I want to say I’ve seen that but I’m not 100% sure. It would be great if everyone could see it, I don’t give “new people” stuff in chat because there’s no way for me to know if they are new or someone trying to scam people out of gold and bags.

1 Like

What I did yesterday when clearing out long-unused characters was… I had a 41 Pally on a realm by herself. She was the guild leader of a guild with no one else. I put all her gold into the guild bank, found some random guildless person, gave them the guild, logged out, then deleted her.

Gold sink yourself with things in game if you don’t want to give it away.

But at that point might just request them to delete your account.

I can make a level 1 on your server and you can give it to me, that would be nice.

1 Like

you can buy bnet balance with wow tokens and hold it in case you want to play another game in the future for free