Quilen & Cloud Teahouse [Non-aligned RP]

Sunday night is fast approaching :slight_smile:

Reminders:

• elixir of tongues may be very useful, but is definitely not a requirement. IC translation can be an enjoyable rp opportunity
  • inky black potion is another optional enhancement - it makes the night much more beautiful whether we are at the Festival or just using the outside seating
  • weapons rack outside the door - including staves. Not optional

It’s tonight!

for the newer patrons - or those who want to refresh their memory - there is an IC description here:

https://bronzetalons.wordpress.com/2018/08/18/the-teahouse-itself-ic-description/

& the current menu is at
tinyurl.com/QCspringmenu

Just a couple hours away. :slight_smile:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 30TH

The Festival of Lights - hosted by Pandaren & open to all - will be happening in Mistfall on the 30th starting at 5 PM. We will be actively participating in that. We invite all our usual guests to come enjoy the Festival with us.

Kunbo will be out from behind the counter a lot. Participating in the date auction for one thing. So this won’t be a typical teahouse evening.

The Festival of Lights ends at 10.

After that we will make our way to Turtle Beach for the Wanderers Festival. Tea & Dragon foods will be available around the bonfire. We recommend the Dragon foods to help you get thirsty for the free brew Chen Stormstout always brings to share.

1 Like

Hope to see many of our friends at the Festival of Lights. Stick around for the late evening teahouse on the beach.

1 Like

Working out dates for the month of July.

Meanwhile, tonight there’s a very special Literary Conclave hosted by Stormwind University at their usual time but in Booty Bay. They’re regulars at the teahouse so you can assume IC that you heard about it there. :slight_smile:

Keeping an eye on thread to throw up on the event calendar. :cow2:

1 Like

Was just looking at the calendar as a matter of fact & wondering what to do :smiley:

21st & 28th of July.

1 Like

A letter scrawled in archaic hand arrives to the Quilen & Cloud Teahouse by some unclear means.

In’elah Brewmaster Kunbo,

It has been nearly one year since I last had the opportunity to enjoy your good company, and your delicious teas. The Quilen & Cloud brings back many good memories of the Darnassus markets. I hope, since that time, you have been well and your business has been thriving.

The Silver Circle is presently on an adventure in Pandaria and I was recently dabbling in various ways to play Jihui. I was informed by some allies and locals that you’re the person to talk to regarding Jihui; though I realize the Quilen & Cloud Teahouse operates under certain “house rules”.

If you have a mind to explain your version of the game to me, I would appreciate it greatly. I’ve spent hours attempting to master the many versions taught in Dawn’s Blossom, and I feel I’m ready to learn a new style of play.

Please let me know if a meeting over tea and a Jihui board would be agreeable to you.

Feyawen Nightfury

A Grummle wearing yak-horned battered headgear (obviously cobbled together from random bits & pieces of cast off armor) shows up at a crossroads near a favorite haunt. He hands over a painted tin container & a simple wooden box tied together with string. The note attached …

Dearest friend Feyawen,

We have many new friends at the teahouse that I believe will delight & surprise you. I have not been lonely. In the other bowl, your company has been sorely missed. I hope to see you soon.

The tin contains Jadefire tea ( jasmine with a pinch of Jingles’ dragon spice). In the box are two of the last of the original batch of seed cups. Something to savor. And hopefully entice you back to us soon. When you do come visit you can help try out our new Summer menu: Four Celestials Soup and Vale & Valley Salad have been added to many teas you may not have tasted.

If we meet somewhere on the road we can play a bit of jihui with the little set I always have on me. If you come to the teahouse we can enjoy the beginnings of what will hopefully be a long game on one of the sets in my collection.

Cordially,

Kunbo

PS: apparently Pao could smell in the ink that the letter is from you. He is insistent that I add his greetings to my own.

2 Likes

Got you up on the Calendar friend!

1 Like

thanks!

I didn’t pick which week to do the beach excursion. Will try leaving it up to the guests this month. & if that means going twice, well I love the beach.

1 Like

Teahouse coming up on Sunday night!

Dragon foods & the usual range of beverages will be available. Along with two new (non-spicy) creations: Four Celestials Soup and Rainbow Blossoms Salad.

2 Likes

I will be on vacation, have fun though!

Dang! Who am I gonna give that extra tray of dumplings to now?

Have fun on vacation. See you soon!

1 Like

Feyawen is still in Pandaria, so I will have her swing by to learn or spectate some Jihui if there are games afoot :crescent_moon: :tea: :dumpling:

Will be great to see you. Most often Kunbo is the only one around who knows how to play - working on changing that by leveling some 2nd account alts. In the meantime we can play by: starting early, staying late, or exchanging turns in between Kunbo serving tea & food.

on an unrelated note:

TEAHOUSE DECORUM:

TL:DR - You already know about the rules in advance. These rules are not subject to debate either IC or OOC.

From the very beginning the IC & OOC guidelines have been posted multiple times in multiple channels.

Either (1) get OOC approval from me in advance for antagonistic IC behavior or (2) get reported.

Lately there have been a few incidents where characters have (IC) violated well-established etiquette that has been in place from the beginning. These rules - notably NO weapons, NO discussion of current events that might cause antagonism. NO factionalism or racism - are so fundamental that eviction from the premises should be expected.

Consider this from an IC point of view. It is extremely rare that someone would have simply stumbled across the teahouse by chance. In my experience outsiders seldom have a reason to be in Mistfall. If they have in the past or get directions from locals on a first visit to the village they will already have been told that the teahouse is locally considered a sanctuary.

They will know about the rules in advance.

If the character learned (IC) about the teahouse from a friend, an acquaintance, a colleague, a fellow traveler, a guide, a merchant, or a public notice then they will already have been told that the teahouse is locally considered a sanctuary.

They will know about the rules in advance.

Now look at it from an OOC point of view. This is already posted in the opening post of both this and the previous thread. There have already been multiple reminders in both threads, in the community channels, and by veteran attendees. This means there is no excuse for ignorance by players at an OOC level. All of you are reasonably assumed to already know that the teahouse is a sanctuary - a friendly non-aligned social event/

You already know about the rules in advance. These rules are not subject to debate either IC or OOC.

No one, not one single player has ever asked in advance if I mind them behaving in a disruptive manner.

“This is how my character would behave” is no excuse. If you as a player choose to involve a character in a situation they find objectionable or distasteful - without prior approval - you are choosing as a player to be disruptive.

This means that causing a disruption IC borders on griefing. This means that IC refusing to leave without further disrupting everyone else’s enjoyment of the event borders on griefing. Disruptive IC behavior only happens by players’ OOC choice. Purposefully disrupting an event is reportable.

I’m tired of interrupting my own rp to deal with what amounts to willfully disruptive behavior by players. Beginning tonight, unless you have negotiated & gotten my agreement in advance what is allowable IC without crossing an boundary, I will report to Blizzard anything I consider disruptive. Reported players will be ignored. I will actively encourage other participants to do the same.

2 Likes

For those who want a peak at the updated menu:

https://tinyurl.com/QCsummermenu

1 Like

Just counted 20 threads that basically have nothing to do with WrA above this one. It’s a shame. It’s a shame for all of us. No wonder people don’t know what guilds are active or what server-wide events are happening.

Regardless, we’ve been having a good time. Come enjoy the summer menu. Lots of good socializing going on at the teahouse this Sunday.

Looking forward to the tea house tonight!