Quilen & Cloud Teahouse [Non-aligned RP]

Looking forward to seeing old friends at the next teahouse - new ones as well.

Remember to pick up those inky black potions while the Fair is on. Really make a difference when we go to the beach Sunday night.

Coming up this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing all of you tonight. Remember the earlier start - teahouse opens at 7 pm.

Teahouse coming up on Sunday. And a few treats already steeping this time.

• The theme this week is “Casual Flair”. Dress to impress - the way you would to be memorable when meeting an important friend of a friend or a potential partner at a low-key event like the teahouse.
  • Speaking of meeting - we haven’t seen some of our favorite guests in a while. Take a break from the new patch content & drop by to catch up with old friends. Meet some of our newer patrons that are becoming interesting regulars as well.
  • Last teahouse for various reasons we ended up not going to the Wanderer’s Festival. If there is enough interest we can add that into the mix on Sunday. With our new earlier opening time (7 PM) it may be even be possible to hit the beach for the earlier ceremony ( 9 PM).
  • Brother Yak Ring will be on hand at some point. He trades his new-dos for your lucky-dos. Then he uses them with other Grummles as a kind of currency. What makes it lucky enough that a Grummle would want it? Doesn’t need to be a long story or even a serious one. Grummles care about how smelly (odd or well-used) something is, not how fancy.
    OOC: Remember when you were a kid & were trying to convince someone to trade something they liked for something you didn’t want? Make up a story about a gray item. The better he likes your story - “sniffs its luck” - the better the green or blue item he’ll swap for it. May not be something you have a need for, but hey, a couple of gold from the vendor is better than a couple of coppers.

Last note (sad that it needs to be said because of one or two exceptions):

We’re not cubs. This is not a dive bar style tavern. The teahouse was created to provide a place for savoring some time with friends, decompressing, and remembering to smell the roses.

Specific reminders:

Summary
  • Kunbo & Pao shouldn’t have to be reminding anyone to behave appropriately. Neither should any of our guests. Please take a moment to glance over the section in the opening post about etiquette & decorum.
  • Be amiable. “This is the way my character is” is no excuse. The lone-wolf who can’t manage to be as polite as would be expected in a nice restaurant will be bounced. Their friends can stay but they will no longer be welcome.
  • Weapons including “healing staves” or whatever go outside on the rack provided. Kunbo’s military experience and current import/export business keep him well aware of sneaky petes, so if you make it clear to him you’ve got concealed weapons you will be dealt with appropriately.
  • We do not serve intoxicating beverages. IC this has been posted in our notice board announcements & fliers. If you heard about the teahouse by word of mouth you will have heard it. Be discreet, or you may be invited outside. This includes but is not limited to behaving inebriated, complaining about the menu in a manner that attracts others’ attention, loudly declaring the possession of or ostentatiously displaying intoxicants of any kind.
  • Be mature enough to be discreet with displays of affection. We don’t care what you do or who with. OTOH the teahouse is neither a meat market nor a teen-age make out party.
  • Contribute to the sense of the teahouse being a haven by not bringing up controversial topics. We got old campaigners here who don’t want the outside chaos of current events disrupting their quiet evening. “I’m upset because my aunt died” is fine. The teahouse can be a place to regain some serenity after a tragedy. “I hate all Orcs because Sylvanas killed my aunt” is not. Pandaria had enough of politicians & generals a long time ago.

Sunday at 7 PM. Yak Ring’s luck & yak butter tea. :rofl:

OOC: Bring a gray item. Make up a story about how your character found it. Brother Yak Ring will sniff out how lucky it is & swap it for a green or blue from his bag. Maybe you get something for a stylish mog. Worse comes to worst you walk away with vendor trash worth a few gold rather than a few coppers. Everybody has fun, everybody wins.

1 Like

An hour & a bit til opening :slight_smile:

May be a few minutes late being IC, but should be there a bit before OOC to answer questions

Thank you everyone who attended. Now we can legitimately tell the story: a Kul Tiran, a Zandalari, & a Grummle walk into a bar …

1 Like

Due to some RL family activity the first teahouse of April is now on the 7th. Everything else remains the same.

Looking forward to seeing you all tonight. Brother Yak Ring will probably drop by. Then there’s the Festival excursion later on.

1 Like

This Sunday night!

Reminder - tonight at 7 pm in Mistfall Village

1 Like

Will open a bit early - maybe 6:45 or so if people are around

1 Like

May dates posted in OP.

I would like an invite to the next event please.

Name: Rahmestos
Faction: Horde

Thank you!

I just made a character on WrA (finally!) and would love a calendar invite, please and thank you!

Her name is Jailyn and the faction is Alliance.

I would love a calender invite to the upcoming events please.
Shocktrap - Horde.

Thank you all. It’s been a few months since anyone requested a calendar invite. I’ll be working on that later today. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Calendar Invites available for characters on both factions. See you Sunday. :slight_smile: