Quick question about WoW Tokens

I bought a token and deposited the value into my wallet. My question is am I able to use that to pay for my WoW sub? If so why does the WoW token ask me if I want to add to my WoW sub or add the value to the balance?

You can use it to purchase a block of game time, yes. It is not really a subscription that recurs every month.

Some may want to bank the money for future use, even for game time. It is just flexibility that is offered that has a little overlap.

3 Likes

To be super clear, it cannot be used for a “subscription”. It can be used to add game time to your account, but it will not qualify you for the mount if that’s what you were hoping.

3 Likes

You can probably technically buy the prepaid 30-90-180 day time, however (I’m not positive) this probably would have tax added to the top.

The option to just use it for 30 days of game time would not have tax. The balance option is designed for you to buy things like mounts, pets, clothing, art work, etc from the shop

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the Blizzard Balance isn’t a valid form of payment for a subscription. It needs to be a billable method of payment like a credit card, Paypal, etc…

2 Likes

So the 3 WoW Tokens I deposited into my balance I won’t be able to buy 3 months of WoW with it?

You may, but you have to account for taxes.

You can absolutely use the Battle.net Balance to purchase game time through the shop (taking into account taxes).

It just cannot be used to set up a subscription.

It is more economically sound to use the WoW Token and convert it into game time, if that is what you are trying to get. Converting the Token into Battle.net Balance you need to account for any applicable taxes when purchasing game time through the shop.

4 Likes

You can purchase blocks of game time -

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-game-time

You cannot set up a subscription, which requires a method of payment that can be billed each time it is due. A subscription is a specific method of paying for game time automatically.

4 Likes

ok, thanks. Next time I will just use the tokens to directly add wow time

1 Like

Just to touch on the highlighted part of that quote:

You can’t use Blizzard Balance to purchase items from the Blizzard Gear Store, in-game products for Hearthstone on mobile devices, or World of Warcraft subscriptions—though you can buy game time in the Blizzard Shop.

Blizzard Balance Restrictions: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000025904

1 Like