Quick Blood DK question

Hello,

I did a little bit of research but I could not find anything for Shadowlands content. Maybe I didn’t look hard enough!

I mostly do WQ/LFR on my DK and I quest as Blood and do LFR as Unholy. My offspec is always Unholy, I just do not like Frost for this character.

I did my vault just now and got a LFR weapon token. Right now I have the LFR 2h axe. I chose the token because the other options were items I already have equipped.

My question is this: Can a Blood DK effectively dual wield or am I better off sticking with my 2h until I find something better in Shadowlands? All the info I found on Google referred to past expansions and I don’t know if anything has changed since then.

Thanks in advance for any help!

You want a 2hander.
I’m not even sure if it’s possible to dual wield as Blood or Unholy anymore, although im pretty sure our offhand slot is off-limits unless specd into Frost.

Keep an eye out for 2handers that are equal to your 2h tho. It’s good to have different rune forged weps on standby just so you don’t have to port around the world just to prepare for what you’re doing.

I swap between Sanguination, Fallen Crusader, and Stone Skin gargoyle pretty regularly. Wish I had another good 2hander to just keep permanently Fallen Crusadered.

1 Like

That’s actually a good point about having different rune forged weapons. I have Fallen Crusader now but I had read about other viable options.

Thanks for the response and advice, much appreciated!

Blood DK uses 2h weapons. As mentioned above I would get a secondary 2h with a different Rune Forge on it. Fallen Crusader is the best for Blood and Unholy, hands down! Sanguination is a fun one due to the execute, with Hysteria being a good defensive option in harder content. Don’t use Stone Skin Gargoyle, it looks tempting but Fallen Crusader is best overall.