Queueing for a "random" battleground by myself

Every single time so far today has been a high rated streamer premade that 4/5 caps and wipes my team of bots in opener.

How exactly is this “random” again?

Its not. they should make a solo que but wont

1 Like

The map is random, as opposed to queueing for a specific map in the drop down

3 Likes

It’s pretty funny how many people think “random” means whatever they want it to to further their argument against premades

They can never be truly random, even a “random” number generator has an underlying mathematics meaning they’re distributed chaotically not randomly. To avoid confusion, I propose we call them chaotic BGs in the future.

Right?

“Waa there’s premades/geared players/high rated players/X class I don’t like in bgs… I thought they were supposed to be random”

Random means some games you will be stomping, some games you will be stomped, some you will be the geared ones, others you will be outgeared, some games you’re team is full of gods, sometimes it’s all trashcans on your side… this is what random means.

Random Battlegrounds Title refers to the “Random Shuffle of Map selected”.

This can be adjusted by players to stack odds in a teams favor, pretty greatly really.
Lets take Poker/Chess as a comparison.
Start the game with two matching cards, (A 100% Pair), King, Ace and Queen.
Out the gates the chances of getting one or two more of these (on deal) is high enough to create an advantage right?
Two healers, three Meta Specs, and Gear work in a similar way.
Starting a game with Queen, King, Rook and Two Knights does not guarantee the other team will have them. But the odds are up right?

As long as we start with these out the gates there will always be an advantage.
The system does not attempt to match these 100% of the time.

It’s the 1st week of the Xpac. So all the high end arena players are gearing and getting use to new play style and talents/doing something before season starts. When the season starts they will all be in arena and BGs will go back to normal.

Unfortunately blizzard allows premade for Randoms while also not putting Premade vs Premade. So expect this to be normal for a few weeks. It’s like this every expansion pack. You will sometimes notice it at start of major patches if one Top arena spec got major nerfs while another get buffed. Arena players then switch mains and flood the BGs with premade.

The other option is to join a premade yourself and be social it is an MMO. However being a solo player myself I just play PvP at certain times of the day. Like early in morning before work and on weekends before the weekend warriors get on. That seems to be the best time to PvP. Not many premade say early hours

edit: conduct