Quests not showing

I picked up the game again after a 10 year break. Started shadowlands last week. Tried to get the allied races unlocked! Finally figured out I had to travel to legion??? (Haven’t played since wrath). Started ready for war quest and picked up campaign play. Finished that and now I can’t seem to find any quests to finish the allied races achievements. Is there a giant section I am missing ? Any useful guides out there? Everything I find is from people who have been playing constantly I know this has probably been asked a million times. Thanks in advanced

Which allied race are you trying to unlock? I ask because you mentioned Legion, but the War Campaign is Battle for Azeroth.

Regardless, I can at least get you started on the basics.

You will need an appropriately leveled character of the right faction to do the final unlock quest chain, but some of the prerequisites can be unlocked on either faction. Void Elves, Lightforged Draenai, Highmountain Tauren, and Nightborn require a level 45 character for the final unlock. The others require 50.

The two simplest to complete the prerequisites for are Highmountain Tauren and Vulpera. These just require completing the associated questing zone, and can be started at level 10 for Highmountain and 35 for Voldun.

All of the other ones will require unlocking end game systems, the main step of which is unlocking World Quests.

For the Legion, you need to be level 45 and complete the quest “Uniting the Isles” from Khadgar in the Violet Citadel in Legion Dalaran. As it’s your first character through, you’ll need to get to friendly will each of the 5 zone factions to complete the quest. (You can work on the first 4 factions starting at level 10, but Nightfallen (Suramar) requires 45 to start.

I recently posted this quick overveiw for the Void Elves and Lightforged Draenai.

For Nightborn, you basically have to do pretty much everything in Suramar. (The main exceptions are you do not need to do the dungeon quests or the quests to get to X reputation level with the Nightfallen.) Here’s a guide to Suramar.

For BfA, the required level is 50 and you’ll need to get your Heart of Azeroth before you’ll get access to the World Quest unlocks.

• Complete the 3 foothold quests for the War Campaign. (You should be sent to start the War Campaign shortly after finishing the BfA intro quests. Each foothold unlocks at a different level before 50.)
  • Get your Heart of Azeroth. The Earthen Guardian NPC will have the quest “A Dying World” to start this. For Alliance, the NPC is near the Boralus Inn. For Horde, they are near the Zuldazar Harbor flightpath. (I’m not sure of the current level requirement for this quest, but there’s not a whole lot of reason to do it before 50.)
  • Unlock World Quests. The quest you need to complete for this is “Uniting Kul Tiras” (A)/“Uniting Zandalar” (H). On your first character, you’ll need to do the 3 foothold quests to unlock the boat travel to the 3 zones of the other faction for this quest to be available.

You can work on the main story questing before 50 for both Alliance and Horde. Zandalari and Kul Tirans will require completing all of the leveling zones for the respective faction plus a questline that ties it all together. (Most of that can be done before 50.) They also require the War Campaign, most of which is locked behind the World Quest unlock.

1 Like

I’m level 60 hunter. I finished the 3 footholds but I can’t get “ the dying world” quest! I have uniting the isles but nothing more than that. No other chain to go with it ! I flew manually and tried to get “assault on broken shore” and nothing was there. There’s no real direct line of quests or steps to get the quests guide out there.

At level 60, you would also want to have low level quest tracking turned on.

Okay, so for Legion (Uniting the Isles and Assault on the Broken Shore) you have to finish the quest Uniting the Isles before the Assault on the Broken Shore will be available. To complete Uniting the Isles, you just quest in the 5 different zones until you’re friendly with the faction. You can pick up breadcrumbs to start the zones from your Order Hall.

For BfA (Footholds and A Dying World) can you take the portal from Zuldazar/Boralus to Silithus? (If you can take the portal, make sure your in the version with a giant sword in the middle. If not, talk to Zidormi near the entrance to the zone and ask her to put you in the current timeline.) Head into the Heart Chamber (there’s a titan-looking panel on the ground near the sword and a bunch of NPCs you can click on to enter) and complete “The Heart of Azeroth” followed by “Infusing the Heart” from Magni.

Also, verify that all of the footholds are fully unlocked. Talk to the NPC on the boat that allows travel to the other continent and make sure you’ve got all three options and none of them say “Quest.” If one of them does, then you still have more quests in that zone to complete the unlock.

Once you have the Heart of Azeroth, head back to the boat where the other War Campaign quests were and you should be able to pick up “Uniting Kul Tiras” or “Uniting Zandalar” depending on your faction.

apparently you cant do this pre lvl 60. [BFA WQ Unlock] Uniting Zandalar - Not Available until 60 for alts?
according to this post sounds like you have to do all that and be level 60
can we also bump this or pin this so that others who are struggling can see this?

It’s best not to bump old threads. (The information here was accurate when it was posted.) Stuff in game changes all the time, and people often don’t read past the first few posts for information, basically amplifying old info.

There are several more recent threads asking about the unlock that have the new updated answer in them across various forums.