Questions from a beginner on the US realms

Hi there, hope that everyone is doing alright. o/

I joined the server yesterday and I got a few questions regarding Moon Guard. Normally I’m playing on the EU side but the population isn’t that big anymore as Moon Guard currently is.

1. Open World RP! Haven’t encountered this in a long time, except for a few small groups of maybe 2-3 people on the EU. Are there any Hotspots for RP? Which continent do players prefer?

Concept wise this character would have ties with the Syndicate so any information around that general area would be neat.

1. Flags! I’m a bit confused from my understanding, why do people write stuff like their RL age and gender in the flag? Is this some ERP stuff that I don’t understand?

2. Flags, again! I… Uhm well, confused about this too but I’ve read a couple flags today and some seem to be a kind of mix between IC and OOC? Like it’s hard to differentiate between… Uhhh if the flag is about the character, the person behind it, a mix of both or just for fun.

I don’t know how strict the community is about lore or free fantasy but I saw today Sylvanas Windrunner as a flag of another player so yeah… (I kinda suck sometimes at explaining what I mean but I hope you guys kinda know what I try to say - or write in this case).

1. Trial Accounts! A bit obvious considering my level, this license is a starter edition, meaning at lvl 20 I can RP with others ranging from lvl 1-30(achievements/collection doesn’t carry over from EU to US so I have to start from scratch here).
    How… Accepted are those? Do they carry any negative reputation like “only ERPers use starter Edition lol”? Saw many low level RPers so I guess there’s a possibility that I won’t be alone for long.

I’ll probably answer in a couple hours due to the different timezones(1AM right now for me). Anyways, have a great day everyone! :slight_smile:

Stormwind usually is the hot spot on Alliance, though it’s quality varies greatly for sure. Just be mindful of what you’re getting in to and have a rough idea of what exactly you are wanting to go for, and you’ll be fine.

Don’t think too much about this. Some people want to let you know who they are behind the screen, some don’t! I personally do not. I am here to immerse myself, not to advertise who I am.

To be blunt? If you see those people like that, or run into a profile that looks incredibly out there or exotic, odds are that roleplayer is either trying something difficult and obscure, or is a “roleplayer” that should be avoided at all costs, because you are never going to get any quality from them.

To be blunt? Game sucks right now. There’s a lot of trials out there, more than usual! Just make yourself a good profile and character, and introduce yourself as best you can to get tells. We can’t see what you type in chat, and you can’t whisper us.

2 Likes

Hi there Marionos, thanks for answering my questions. o/

Oh alright, thanks for the tip. How is it outside of capitals? Are there some groups traveling around or guilds that occupy encampments? Just for some banditry shenanigans hehe.

Ahh that explains it. I had to ask friends on Discord but since they are from the EU also their best guess was that it is some ERP thing. So uhhh that’s something I have to get used to.

Will do!

A soothing thought that it is possible to RP pretty normal. Hope that I get the armor pieces that I want soon enough(no luck with Bonechewer Skincloak so far but I’ve got the red one now).

Hey there and welcome! You may be kinda stuck in Stormwind/major cities for a time. But there are tons of events, campaigns, and groups that offer a hefty amount of roleplay opportunities.

Tournament of Ages (TOA) is coming up VERY soon, open rp, lots of fun, but it’s in a tough location the Icecrown Tourney grounds. So you may need summons. You can learn more https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/n-rpmg-wra-tournament-of-ages-2022-august-7st-13th It’s a fantastic way to connect with tons of people.

There’s Stormwind Law Project, Warcraft Conquest, Dance of the Dead coming up in October, World’s Faire Carnival, a ton of open markets and much more that I can’t recall easily but it’s all out there. This twitter also has a bunch of notices for daily/weekly rp events https://twitter.com/wowrpevents

1 Like

OMGosh! TOA is AMAZING!.. For Real! You will love it!!!

I just wanted to add, Look into the Discords out there! I answered an “ad” for LF RP and it sent me on an amazing path. Loved every minute of it. Plus, all the Events that get posted! Literally can fill your calendar with RP events!

Here is the MG Discord Listing in the Forums for you:

1 Like