Questions Classic

I have some general questions about wow classic.

• PVP system not being included until later phase. Will honorable kills still get counted (for no points) or will everything be at zero at the start of PVP?

• Mana Pots. During raids (onyxia and MC to start) will caster dps need tons of mana pots? Focusing on mage/spriest cause warlocks do fine and ele is horde. I’m guessing you try to just drink, which also reduces threat

• Is raid progression the same as in retail? meaning if my guild clears first 2 bosses of MC and I join a group on third boss, will I be able to kill and get loot (sorry if this is a noob question)?

• Why are rogues not getting talked about like at all? just wondering

GET HYPED AND THANKS FOR THE INPUT!

Try the sticky ***EVERYTHING We Definitively Know about Classic***

1. Phase 2
  • Honorable Kills, DHKs, PVP Rank rewards
  1. yes sure, if one needs more mana, mana pots are a good way to get that extra mana.

2. It is not.

3 Likes

The game will release with no honor system, but pvp can still happen. Then the honor system will come into play, but no BGs. Then we will get BGs. See phases for more info.

Yup, everyone can (and should, depending on class) chug pots as much as they want. They all share a 2 minute cooldown though.

Once you kill a boss, you are locked to that raid ID. Meaning you can only zone into THAT instance. If you leave after one boss and people clear it without you, you can’t kill the bosses you missed in another raid.

Oh they are. They are just so sneaky you can’t hear or see them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There’s not a lot to talk about with 'em. they’re strong, great class to play at endgame, and while leveling if you like to pvp. Pretty much everything there is to talk about with them has already been talked about, if I had to guess.

1. Honor will be 0. Classic pvp system worked like an XP system where XP was awarded weekly based on a ladder. Your ladder position was determined by how much honor you earned in the week relative to everyone else on your server.

2. Yes to mana pots, but a lot of lazy raiders didn’t and still had success. You can’t drink in combat.

3. You can’t join separate raids in classic. You get locked into a single instance of the raid and that’s the one you are in for the week.

4. Rogues aren’t getting talked about much because they are in a great spot, relatively few complaints.

Only complaint rogues ever had was that there were too many of them, plus a ton of hunters wanting the same gear.

1 Like

Drink? what do you mean drink? yeah you can drink when you are out of combat.
But during the fight the only mana user that can drink is the hunter and that is by feign deathing to get out of combat.

Others just have to chug potions.

Iirc they way lockouts worked back then it was once you zoned in, not killed a boss. So if you spend all night wiping on the first boss of a raid you can’t join another group at all as you’re locked to that instance.

I want to say that you get locked the first time you pull a boss. So if you’re pug wipes horribly to trash, you aren’t screwed for the rest of the week. Could be remembering it wrong tho

I’m 99.9% sure you’re saved to the instance as you zone in. The killing a boss to be locked was in wrath or cata I don’t remember which though. Also ZG and AQ 20 have a 3 day lockout, and Ony has a 5 day lockout.

Thanks all! Mana Pots and 1 raid group! Its going to be a huge pvp party when honor system starts!

You could be right. I’m 100% sure you get saved as soon as you enter an instance with a boss already killed but I’m not sure about entering a completely fresh instance.

1 Like

No you need to kill the first boss to get a lockout, i know some P servers made it so if you zone in or kill trash you’ll get locked by not in O.G Vanilla. However if your group kills Say Garr, and you pop in and garr’s dead, you’re save to that the second you pop in.

(Unsure if this’ll be changed. It might be.)

Everyone wants consumables, though for Tier one raids it won’t be a big play unless you’re going Leetneet, wait till AQ and maybe Bwl?

Probably no ranks, but HK’s may still be there for brag swag.

Because everyones to busy wanting to buff ret pally’s or saying how everyone is going to be a fury warrior.

Nah. It didn’t lock you till you actually killed a boss.

Can’t say whether HKs will count since the honor tab has been visible in everything, but during the Stress Test, we were not getting HK points.

Probably. I doubt they’re including the 1 per fight restriction, because it wasn’t in Vanilla.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about in Retail, but anyone who was in a given boss fight will get loot from that boss. If you mean LFR, nothing like that exists in Classic. You literally won’t be able to enter a new copy of a Raid if you’ve already killed a boss in a different copy of a Raid that week.

Shhhh, they’re hiding.