Questions about tanking

So I leveled my monk up and want to tank and been looking online but haven’t got the right answer. I’m still a little confused about tanking, specifically two powers:

Black Ox Statue: So I’ve been putting it down, letting it get aggro from a mob, and then taunting it. Am I supposed to cancel it after I get aggro, or do I keep taunting the ox when its off cooldown? Cus if I leave it up, doesn’t the ox keep taunting the aggro away from me?

Purifying Brew: I know you’re definitely supposed to use it at yellow or red stagger, but do I not touch it at all when its green? I notice sometimes I’m capped at brew charges and still have green stagger so I just use it anyway but is that the right thing to do?

Black Ox Statue isn’t a good talent to take if your mainly doing dungeons. Ring of Peace is arguably the best utility spell in the game so I’d suggest getting the hang of it now.

If your capt on charges just use one and lets the other roll on CD. It just means your outgeared for the damage your taking. Once you start doing harder content you wont have to worry about this problem.

2 Likes

I’m curious how you’re capped on brew charges. It’s rare that I am charge capped, as I can always drink another ISB to roll the timer and save purify for high yellow/reds…

Forgot this was my shaman…

is there an explanation of ring of peace anywhere i never understood what it did well

It pushes everything away from the AOE of the skill.

Yeah I just realized last night after continuously doing dungeon runs I wasn’t doing good at keeping ISB on cooldown b/c I don’t use weakauras or anything, but now once I see it about to expire I do ISB>kegsmash right after and its been working a little better

1 Like

Black Ox Statue pulses threat to everything around it, but it’s not enough to aggro off of you while you have the attention of mobs. It’s also not enough to keep aggro off of party members if they are pumping big DPS. It’s great for picking up stragglers like on King Gobbamak (troggs running amok), or on Sand Queen who summons the insects which chase the healer.

The color of Stagger just tells you how much damage you’re Staggering based on a percentage of your health. The brew system is based on priority. As a rule, Ironskin should be kept up 100% of the time, and any remaining charges you can freely spend on Purifying Brew. This is true whether you are doing Normal dungeons or Mythic 20.

The difference is that in low level content the most you’ll ever get to is green Stagger, and once you have plenty of brews left for Ironskin to have 100% uptime, there is no reason not to purify.

In higher level content you are almost always in red Stagger, again with a limited supply of brews to spend on Purifying, which means you will be eating an entire bar of red Stagger on occasion.

1 Like

Thank you this makes so much sense now, so as far as brews goes ironskin is more important to use and keep up 100% of time and I purify if I have extra or in red/yellow stagger. Got it!

1 Like