Questions about 9.2 tier sets

From what I read about, these will be obtainable through raiding, mythic and pvp. - but you get the base gear first (without the set bonuses) if not raiding. Correct me if I’m wrong here.

Does that mean you get a chance to get the gear at the end of a pvp match or does it come in the great vault?

Also, is that rated pvp only or a chance at getting the pieces through random bg’s as well?

So far it looks like PvPers can either get tier from the vault, or from a “catchup” type system later (or not?) in the patch that converts other gear to tier gear. There is conflicting information on when that system is going to be enabled, or what it will be locked behind (like world content or whatever.) But PvPers will be able to get tier, slower than raiders though.

1 Like

Tier sets will be first locked to only the raid until you unlock the Creation Catalyst on your account.

Once you unlock the CC you’ll be able to use its Cosmic Flux currency to turn helms/shoulders/chests/gloves/legs from M+/PVP into a tier piece of the same item level.

No base pieces. And you can get tier from the vault.

There will be a new timegated system called Forge of Creation which is filled with dailies and rares which you will spam a lot to acquire new timegated currency which you will use to buy your tier sets. I may have skipped few millions steps here and there but you get the picture.

A zone with dailies for patch specific currency that aids you in a time-gated manner?

You must have read the wrong patch notes because that doesn’t sound at all like WoW.

More of the same. Everything is fine really. Stay on course Blizzard. Don’t ever change.

Not quite.