Question on warlock gear

Which is only 3 as far as I’ve found. Felheart Robes, Banthoks Sash and Mysterias Necklace (spelling*)… for all of 3%.

Like I said, the only wrinkle is drain life, which scales with spellpower.

I don’t even count the T1 chest, because it’s so much worse than Robe of the Void.

I just want neltharion’s tear, but I don’t expect to see BWL until february at least.

At this stage of the game, spellhit is largely outperformed by spelldamage. Later that changes when we have enough spell damage that reducing resist chance starts to be a bigger increase in damage than adding more spell power.

But right now? Spellpower is king pretty much. Plus spell hit gear largely doesn’t exist yet, while there are very nice pieces out there loaded up heavy with spell power.

You’d be surprised, actually. Even in pre-raid BIS, 1% hit ≈ 11 SP. If you get some big upgrades from MC, that goes up to 15 SP or higher. Subtract 1 SP if you’re SM/Ruin and have a corruption spot (hit matters less for DoTs and curses, obviously).

Right, but when you look at the itemization of available gear, the ones with spell hit tend to take a big hit on spell damage for it, making them usually inferior to the spell damage options out there.

Shadow/Spell power is nice, when you find it while leveling. Otherwise, INT and STAM are really important. How important depends on your build, of course.

I play Demon Spec, all the way to Soul Link. Running 6/33/12 on talents. So, Int and Stam gear was what I looked for leveling up, and between me and my pets, I was very survivable in the open world. I got a lucky drop in my first MC, and got the Mageblade, which is serving me well.

Stats, until shadow weave, having more int and stam means less drinking and more leveling.

Itemization is all over the place during the early phases. The only really good comparison we have is Anastari Heirloom vs Star of Mysteria, so 13 spell power vs 1% hit. Banthok sash really doesn’t have a peer.

You could make the argument for shadow spellpower over hit, but now the itemization is even crazier. Make sure you account for the lack of base stats on most of those items.

I’ve still got my two hit pieces equipped since I have enough gear to make hit worth around 15 spellpower… and I gave up my corruption spot so I could tell some of the other warlocks to join me and stop bumping winter’s chill off.

Also, once you get to 60, work on your Argent Dawn rep. I keep about 4 stacks of Enriched Mana Biscuits and another 4 stacks of the juice you can buy from their quartermasters. First provides Mana and Health, and the second is equivalent to the 55 mage water, but gives 10 Spirit as well.

If we’re talking pre-raid, yeah. But those pieces both have better alternatives in MC. Like mana igniting cord or sash of whispered secrets and the neck off rag that everyone and their mom wants so it will never drop.

Well… no kidding. The MC pieces aren’t comparable to either of the ones I mentioned though. Both are raid gear with way higher stats in general.

Yeah I was just thinking raid was on the table cause the other guy mentioned felheart robes.

Well if we’re talking itemization, you have to compare blues with other blues. Purples are assigned way more stats, so it throws off the whole hit vs SP comparison.

Also, I don’t like talking about the felheart robes. T1 makes me sad… and that item in particular is way worse than it should be (IMO).

If I recall correctly you must cap out your spell hit in order to tank a boss either in bwl or zg
Cannot recall off the top of my head however

I would recommend a mage as warlocks are depressing at 60 pvp.

It’s actually quite powerful for PVP thanks to it’s very deep stamina pool and set bonuses, ignoring the 8 piece of course.

:thinking: I swore reading that Soul Link is super nasty.

It’s very, very, powerful. Absolutely demolishes just about everything 1v1.

Warlocks commonly used as a tank in AQ40.

1 Like

Warlocks who don’t pay attention to threat meters are commonly used as tanks even NOW. :rofl:

1 Like