Question on new Cinematic? (Spoiler)

Safe Haven cinematic is released

When the assassins attack both Thrall and Saurfang, Thrall states “You were followed?” to which Saurfang states “I was following them

Does that mean assassins were sent to kill Thrall ? but why ?

Btw seeing Thrall made me emotional, even had tears coming out

15 Likes

Because Sylvanas is just absurdly evil at this point.

The cinematic looked absolutely beautiful , but this faction war story continues to be a mess.

15 Likes

Cause Sylvanas is eeeevil. And she has to send assassins after someone who no longer has any influence or power because…eeeeevil!

17 Likes

I wonder how those who support Sylvanas will support this ? i mean for saurfang they stated their reasons but Thrall has sort of retired so there is no justification for attacking him

3 Likes

Spoilers :frowning:

Ops sorry, i will edit the title immediately

1 Like

They won t. Same way they can t justify why would she just burn Teldrassil or why would she try to pull off that thing on Lordaeron knowing that Alleera can open portals like Jaina can or how she thinks spitting on every race leader of the Horde would do any good.

8 Likes

It literally makes no sense
Retired thrall had no influence on the horde or the war and that was the best for her.
But having thrall openly oppose to her will just unite the horde against her

3 Likes

Yes and sending assassins after him is seriously crossing the line now.

5 Likes

Well… what is the usual assignment for assassins?

Obviously, they were not there for a fluffy kitten tea party.

2 Likes

Thrall has the potential to come back, which is what Sylvanas fears.

13 Likes

I think she was predicting Saurfang would be going to Thrall for help after his escape. He didn’t have many other allies. Thrall is the definition of the old Horde and could be a beacon for rebels to rally around if he joined Saurfang.

So to stop that it’s better to assassinate him now while he’s not expecting it.

6 Likes

Presumably because she knows that if there’s one person who could undermine her power and unite the Horde against her, it would be Thrall.

4 Likes

I know but sending them after Thrall instead of Saurfang, thats strange.

i dont think she did.

he probably saw them following him at some point and knew it would be a good way to trick thrall into following his plan. that way we can have some kind of contrived no i didn’t yes you did moment for the truth to finally come out that saurfang was willing to risk thralls and and his families lives just to get him back.

4 Likes

One for each, is how I read it. “If he comes, he must not succeed”.

look at the horde undead blood elf making contrived and narrow minded ideas

3 Likes

Anyone that can potentially take warchief away from her / fight against her is going to be eliminated.

2 Likes

Thrall said he followed the assassins to Saurfang. They were going to kill Saurfang, not Thrall.

I’m not even sure how Thrall came across them unless he was already coming back and just happened upon them.

1 Like

Lol your entire title is a spoiler :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like