Question on frost mages

I am currently working on a shadow priest but as I already have one at lvl 115 or so I was thinking of giving frost mage a try pve and pvp . Was wondering if I were to make a gnome frost mage how are they doing in both pve and pvp ? Is it hard to survive in pvp or solo questing ?

Thank You :slight_smile:

Frost is one of the better specs in the game when it comes to solo, leveling and PvE content. Can kite all day and kill pretty much anything before it reaches us. Also very strong AoE at later levels once you get Frozen Orb.

In PvP they’re ok, but not spectacular. Nice for group PvP, but you may have a hard time winning 1v1 against specs that can draw-out the fight.

5 Likes

Frost is good 1v1 and group content. You can kite melee and destroy them as a frost mage which is most specs in this game. Casters are a bit harder but easily killable also.

Plua you can always go arcane/fire if you get bored of frost and play those specs

went with a gnome frost mage wish me luck I have no idea what I am doing lol

3 Likes

Good stuff. You’ll be fine, we’re always here if you have any questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are asking why post all these old videos?
the point is that this class is the most versitile of all classes the master at crowd control , the masters of anti crowd control in the right hands hunny gnome or w/e race this is a second to none powerfull class in the right hands,
now go be a the best you can be …and learn from the best, yes the videos are old but can you actually see what they all have in common?
when you do that you can call yourself a “mage”.

yes hunny im handsomejack or whiskyjack as most people know me, now to the point after watching these 3 brilliant mage artist videos you will never be the same, watch the videos and you will fall in love with mage gameplay honey!

1 Like

im actually going to throw another special video in for all of you
yes because im handsome and yes im a former mage but really because this video is fun AF, you dont realize how specail a video can be to a mage prodigy? let me introduce to all the new mages …the big blue dress
DONT JUDGE ME!

1 Like

Frost plays nothing like vanilla in pvp. Its just spamming the heck out of insanely quick casting hard crittting frostbolts and its boring af compared to old fbolts because those ones required you set up to use. Now its just dump them scorch speed frostbolts until you get bored and log off.