Question on BM stats

So I have my crit at 38 %, mastery at 54 % but my haste is really hurting at 11 %> I have one overwhelming power and I use the humming black dragon scale for haste proc so that helps. I’m running 3x DOD and 2 primal instincts. I do have some haste gear I can use but every time i simm myself my dps actually drops with it on, so I guess regardless should crit always come first even with that low of haste or should I be shooting for a certain % of haste and sacrifice some crit?

1 Like

i’m not sure what to say. it could be that the haste gear you do have isn’t enough to overcome the benefit of your current mastery set. or maybe you’re sim settings are off so you might want to double check them. if the settings are right, my only suggestion would be to keep haste/crit gear when you get it and just keep simming. though you don’t have the bow for the aspect build so that might also be the issue.

Been hard to replace my current bow bc it has infinite stars and it simms higher than every replacement i have for it.

That doesn’t make sense. Infinite Stars is remedial for BM - even on single target. For most fights you will be doing a little bit of cleave and Infinite Stars falls off a cliff once you do that. You’re best bow/corruption is Whispering Eldritch Bow from H Skitra. Until then, cleanse Infinite Stars and put Severe 3, Expedient 3, or Inefable Truth 1 on there. Not sure how Severe 2 would work out. That’s currently up on MOTHER.

Edit: I can’t get raidbots to analyze different corruptions for you (probably a user error) without a simc ini file. I would SIM with your bow cleansed and severe 2 added to see what it says - or just wait for Severe 3 to come out. (hate that Blizzard decided to randomize the vendor - not surprised though).

its a 5k dps difference when i swap my 455 infinite stars bow vs a 465 no corruption

It looks like you just equipped your BiS bow. That should be a vast improvement in all situations. The only reason I’m still running infinite stars is because I can’t buy Severe III or Expedient III right now.

Yea I literally just got it and it’s a dps boost wooooo

Gratz. It’s you’re best bow by far. I’m not sure if they’re going to sell that corruption. If they sell it, then I’m going to start looking for a crit/haste weapon.

Some advice here: Make sure you sim before buying either severe 3/Expedient 3/Masteful 3 or any of the corruptions as the result might be quite different then what you would expect!

For example, with my current gear I sims with raidbots to see what corruption I should use next and here’s what it gave me:

adding one Severe 3 will give me around 2300dps
adding a Masterful 3 instead will give me around 2700dps
and adding a Expedient 3 around 2800dps

The reason haste become better then crit is that once you reach a certain amount of crit (somewhere between 30-35% unbuff) haste start to be more important because it increase your auto-attack for more Eldritch Bow corruption proc and more barbed shot proc (same reason why Gale force weapon enchant beat the crit one)
As for why masteful 3 is better then Severe 3 for me this is NOT because mastery rating became better then crit rating! This is because I have 3x Primal Instinct trait which give me a total of 3990 mastering during Aspect of the wild, so each Masterful 3 add another 479 mastery rating to that buff!
And just to make sure I tested replacing my ring enchant in raidbots with accord of mastery instead of crit and saw a drop in dps! so mastery rating isn’t better just because Masterful 3 sims better then Severe 3!

I’d love to see the numbers on a big m+ pull with 3xPI and stacked r3 masterful. I realize I’m no top tier player, and I’m probably doing something wrong… but I always do better in m+ with my higher mastery setup… and never the gear the sims tell me is best.

I have 39 % crit and 14 % haste ( i know it’s hurting) but whenever i swap rings and get my haste to 19 % and my crit drops to around 32ish my dps actually Simms down. I have alot of echoes so I’m going to wait until t3 expedient comes back and get 2, i should than be 39 % crit, 20ish haste and i have 60 % mast.