Question BM mains

Does Haze of Rage Azerite Trait stack? is it a viable trait?

is Animal Companion Decent? i would assume so since its Kill command x2

Haze of Range does stack and is an OK trait. Check out bloodmallet.com for some quick info on azerite traits.
Two sites with OK guides on BM pvp
https://www.wowhead.com/beast-mastery-hunter-pvp-guide
https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pvp-guide

Animal companion… could of… should of… would of… It could have been a great trait that worked just like Hati did in Legion but it actually reduces all of your primary pet’s damage, including its kill command damage. It adds somewhat to the overall Kill Command damage but its not x2 damage. Before its recent 20% or 40% buff (can’t remember which but it was big) it was a strait up dps loss even when compared to having no other talents selected in that row.

It also has some glitchiness to it. The AC has a delay in spawning and may take 30 seconds or more longer than your main pet to spawn. I remember other people complaining about other issues: combat AI not in sync with the regular pet, AC getting stuck on random stuff and not being able to attack. The spawn thing is definitely still an issue, the other things may have been fixed.

It did get a recent buff and I personally just used raidbots to compare it with other talents in that row. Depending on what I selected for the Advanced options (Fight Style, Buffs, etc…) Animal Companion was as much as a 2% dps improvement in optimal conditions and as much as a 8% dps loss in less optimal conditions.

Stay with Killer Instinct.

It does stack:
3x Haze of Rage, 1x Primal, 1x Frenzy, 1x Free-choice is the optimal setup for PvP.
(Always maintain at least 1 Primal / 1 Frenzy)

Use Killer Instinct over Animal Companion, AC is nerfed to something like 30% of its normal damage in PvP and is a massive loss to your kill potential.

im actually on an 8 win streak with BM. im actually surprised at the damage, idk why people say BM is bad

Haze stacks on itself, so around 2250 agility with Bestial Wrath (due to 50% nerf on traits in pvp). I always run at least one and sometimes 3 of the trait depending on comp. I often run Feeding Frenzy x 3 for stronger bleeds vs higher armor teams, and Haze x 3 vs casters or leather.

I’ve been using Animal Companion a LOT this past week. The dps is often within a few % up or down. I have been using it lately because a lot of druid heals cc my pet with hibernate, roots, and clones during my Bestial Wrath cooldowns, or if I’m training them for a kill. AC gives them a 50/50 chance of wasting their time and mana cc’ing a pretty useless pet.

When testing my dps on a pvp dummy my single target damage is slightly higher with AC.

There’s quite a few better hunters out there, but I’m top 10 in both 2s and 3s atm. AC has been working for me pretty well recently since the buffs.

2 Likes

There are some comps that are great. Beast mastery hunter / discipline priest in 2’s can be very good at outlasting their opponent and going for a kill when the time is right.

i really like AC over killer instinct for the exact reasons you said…my pet gets CCed a lot and having another really helps out and its really good when the melee cant get to you and they are both just beating them to a pulp while they walk lol

im actually curious as to why you run Relentless though?

I am old and slow and human relent gives me less things to mess up.

I pretty much save it for smoke bomb or other big CDs from the other team.

Funny story about Animal Companion: I played vs a disc priest / destro lock team the other day around 2400. They killed my main pet, and I rezzed it and it got stuck in a pillar.

We won the game with the trash second pet and bleeds from Feeding Frenzy at 99% dampening while my main pet was stuck in the pillar the entire game.

I am sure there was plenty of rage on the other side of that game.

2 Likes

Is there a strategy to BM ccing?
Like i currently bait trinkets by frozen trap > intimidation > explosive trap

if i do it intimidation first i ALWAYS miss the damn frozen trap after they trinket the intimidation

Concussive shot is your best friend when trapping. I always concussive prior to trapping. Even when I occasionally intimidation them into it, that way if they trinket the stun, they’re typically too slow to avoid the frozen trap. Just my 2cents.

1 Like

Speaking of Animal Companion, last time I played it on RBGs it had a pretty hilarious bug. If the second pet was a bee or wasp, it retained the ability to fly for some reason. On Eye of the Storm that translated to being able to send my pet across the gaps on the map.

Managed to stop a flag cap by zooming a bee across the void to the other side of the map.

2 Likes

Interesting… time to make a flying bee as my second pet lol.

When testing PVP dummy dps it does sim a tad higher, but my issue is the “execute damage.” A target dummy doesn’t let you get to that point.

I find the dps difference is minimal. I like to run the extra pet to prevent the chain cc that good rdruids will run on my pet to mitigate pressure and get re-stealth.

1 Like

how do you keep you pet from getting focused when against double melee

if you swap on hots a lot its gd to have 2 pets, since the target wont actually go to execute range for awhile.

what in the world could disc possibly be good at outlasting? And afk team? Literally every comp has more longevity than a team with a disc priest. Don’t read that as me saying all disc comps are bad, but you’re GOING to lose if you try to outlast anything.

Was thinking the Same thing about discs teams outlasting…they die the quickest vs wars

Against double melee I actually really prefer to run a Carrion Bird for MS. The 10% leech (15% with aspect of the beast talented) makes it a lot easier to passively keep the pet alive with Mend Pet as a lot of his damage heals him, as well as you getting some more passive healing from the leech as well.

You just need to maintain good awareness about when to use disengage at the proper moments, because using it when you aren’t primed for damage can get you killed without having access to Master’s Call when they reconnect.

Is leech even worth it for BM ? like does the 10% pet damage heal you, or only the pet ?