Question about the pre-expansion event

I thought I read that if you start a new character, you’ll be notified or told in-game where to go to get that started (the fight in Ice-crown vs the scourge). Now I have a level 13 mage and have not heard anything about it. I even went to Stormwind and talked to Chromie, but all she offers is timewalking stuff - or is that the event because one of them was in Northrend, I think. And if that’s it. should I level my character higher, like level 20 maybe. If left a lot of quests behind I could use for my Draenei mage.

Thanks.

The prepatch event will start closer to the expansion launch.

5 Likes

Darthwraith is correct, the pre-patch event has not started yet. Right now it is just the pre-patch content like the level squish and cosmetic option for the various races, etc…

We don’t have a specific date out yet so please keep an eye on our main site for updates.

4 Likes

Thank you for the replies.

So, should I level my character further, or just let her sit there till the event starts.

Or, should I wait till the event starts and then start a new character.

Either way is fine with me.

Just level your toon, the pre patch events will be generally for max or close to max characters anyway.

1 Like

Thanks.

I thought I’d read that the first 10 or 20 levels are to prep you for Shadowlands.

Oh well, guess we’ll see.

EDIT - new info:

OK, I found it. Load Battle.net. Click on “Pre-Patch now Live,” at the top, and then scroll down to the fourth item named, “New Starting Experience now Available.”

This is what it says:

"An expedition has gone missing, and you have been called to be a part of a new crew of novice adventurers charged with discovering what’s become of them. As with many such journeys, you’ll find yourself as part of a crew aboard a ship bound to their last known location. When things take a turn for the worse, you’ll make landfall on the island of Exile’s Reach.  It’s here that you’ll begin to face the challenges the island presents, each increasing in difficulty as you work your way through your first 10 levels. As you progress, you’ll begin to learn more about using the new skills and abilities at your disposal.  At the culmination of your adventure, you’ll face two new bosses in a “mini-dungeon” designed for 1 to 5 players.

"If you’re a veteran player or you’ve leveled a character before, you can choose to opt out of the starting experience and begin instead at level 1 in the starting area for your race. Upon reaching level 10, you can either continue into Battle for Azeroth or speak with Chromie to choose the expansion that you’d like to continue leveling in before you enter Shadowlands at level 50. Players with Allied race characters will begin at level 10. Non-Allied race Death Knights and Demon Hunters will automatically begin at level 8 and play through their own starting experience before moving on around level 10."

So, I’m going to restart my character and leave her at level zero.

Good luck to all.

The New Starting Experience is specifically about Exiles Reach and the Timewalking Campaigns, Allicka, and those already went in with the pre-expansion patch. It aren’t part of the upcoming event.

I didn’t get to play around with the event on the PTR this time around, so someone who may have could give you more current information but traditionally, there may be some elements that only maximum level characters will be able to take full advantage of.

1 Like

i think you are confused if you make a new character you can do exiles reach and at level 10 or so when you are finished you want to level till 50 the pre patch event is mainly for max level characters where you pick up some extra gear before shadowlands i would level the character now

1 Like

Thank you, I have leveled her to 50.

1 Like