Question about SL

Could anyone on beta please tell me if, once Azerite traits are inactive, if Frost will be pushed back into the damned BoS build again or has Blizz buffed or planning on buffing the other talents.

2 Likes

To the best of my knowledge, so far it’s looking like BoS is the go-to again.

Really hoping that changes soon.

10 Likes

Same here, tired of seeing BoS almost always if not always being the go to, guess so much for choice if nothing changes.

4 Likes

Seeing how BoS can be kept up longer which was 60-70 seconds, and priest can contribute to it being longer as well making the duration triple on its own without the dk actually doing anything it looked other than using runes. If BoS lasts that long its damage should be toned down and there will be this huge chasm in people who use it right with priests supporting them, and people who dont, which brings up the shadow priest problem though in this case its a talent.

Its going to be a balance mess if you really look into it. Its exactly what people were warning Blizzard about. And really there is no way they can possibly balance it.

3 Likes

Why nerf it when other specs may be as comparable in terms of capability/damage?

Selective reading or what? It literally says it right in the same sentence that BoS would have to be toned down.

4 Likes

BoS has to be one of the most hated abilities in the game (maybe mage rune of power too). Im surprised blizzard is so obsessed with forcing abilities people hate for so long after piles of feedback. I get it , you want more involved abilities to perform better than the passive ones. But if its annoying and not fun, replace it with something else that takes effort but is fun. Its not hard to do.

8 Likes

I don’t think I’ve spoken to a single DK player who likes it, either they use it because it’s good damage and are neutral or they utterly hate it.

But it’s probably never going anywhere because its on one of the hills Blizzard wants to die on defending.

5 Likes

I like it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You’re a Monk.

6 Likes

I don’t use BoS. Before I quit I was a mythic keystone spammer and refused to use the talent. I’ve been running Icecap since day one because I would rather have an interacting passive than a passively-interacting ability. BoS is a tutorial ability that lulls me to sleep.

1 Like

He also writes all the DK class guides for Wowhead.

2 Likes

I’m on EU so got a starter edition account to post on US.

2 Likes

I second liking it.

2 Likes

Nothing was selectively read, you’re just narrow sighted.
If other specs are performing similar damage to a FDK using breath for 50 to 60 seconds, then that means a nerf isn’t warranted.
This isn’t a hard logical exercise.

I third like it, though I wish the visual was better IMO.

1 Like

I’m thinking a mini sindragosa perches on your head and huffs and puffs and blows…

I kid. Would be nice to have something that doesnt just look like rw in a diff direction, agree on that

You need to stop kidding, that would be amazing!

Why are you bringing up other specs when that isnt the point at all. Do you know what they did with demo in WoD? How about Shadow Priest Void Form? These things are pretty similar. They killed Demo, and Void Form is no longer anywhere close to where it was where you wanted to get high stacks. If you could get high stacks it was crazy high damage, if you couldnt it fell flat on its face. So its the same with BoS, if you can keep it up for a long time 60+ seconds, and someone else cant, its a huge chasm in damage.

I said it was a talent, but if the other options arent up to par then BoS might as well baseline. It will end up a dead spec for many and that is just bad design. There is no way to balance those long durations with the other choices other than nerfing the damage. They would have to balance it around having those long durations anyways which would in fact lower the damage. Just like if you have a ton of downtime the power of the abilities have to make up for it in hitting harder, much harder since you have fewer hits.

1 Like

The ability just needs to be removed. We have two Sindragosa Frost breath abilities. BoS just channels the Frost damage while SF applies it in one fell swoop. If SF had the dragon simply do a few back and forth sweeps, it would be to the same effect as BoS. It is literally two Frost breath attacks - BY THE SAME DRAGON.