Question about refund policy for Shadowlands

Hello,

I wanted to ask a quick question regarding the refund policy for the game. I purchased the “Epic” edition relatively recently (game was purchased Friday) and would like to potentially refund the purchase. The support page states none of my orders are eligible for refund. I was curious if this was because of either 1) activation of the 30 day free trial, or 2) having combined gameplay above 10 hours?

I believe theres a option to have it manualy looked at by a GM then the automated refund.

Thanks! I submitted a ticket through the “Refund character service, guild service, or WoW Token” section. Was this the correct choice, i.e. for having a GM look at it?

Im not realy sure to be honest. Probably problem with purchase id wager would be correct but im sure ill be corrected if im wrong.

1 Like

Technically it would be because all digital sales are final, not necessarily for any one particular reason. But there are exceptions, and if the automated refund service didn’t have it listed, you’d want to follow the link to see if a game master deems you worthy of one.

I would have recommended using the other refund option, however-- they’ll be looking for character services recently initiated on your account to judge, instead of the expansion purchase itself.

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

If it ends up not being eligible, I can always just not buy a subscription anyway.

1 Like

This is for Transfers and other services like that. Not for game purchases. It may cause confusion. You can cancel it and put in one under a purchase category for a game vs a game service.

1 Like

Indeed, I would have probably recommended using “Refund other World of Warcraft purchase” instead. But at this point, it probably doesn’t need to be canceled.

A Game Master will understand the request so long as you provide details in your ticket description :slight_smile: These categories are intended to get your issue routed to a trained agent and to help with prioritization / reporting metrics (we like to know why people open tickets). These two specific categories are close enough that it won’t impact much one way or the other.

1 Like